Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Finally permenant Headlight fix. Birds flock here.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally permenant Headlight fix. Birds flock here.

Mine passengers side headlight motor went out last weekend and I vowed to permanently fix the damed thing. Well I did and it is a simple design. I got 2 new brass gears and then took the cover off and installed the gear. After this I took 1/8in sheet metal and cut out another cover. Basically what it does is you cut the sheet metal in the shape of the bottom part of the motor and include the bolt holes. Once it is cut drill holes for the bolts to slide through. Now just mount the metal plate over the cover using the bolts and bracket just like normal. But if you notice not the shaft is actually pushing on the metal instead of just relying on the plastic cover not to flex. It may not look the prettiest but I will clean it up a little. I forgot to get pics but you get what im talking about, doing it this way you are basically making the shaft unmovable because it is going to push against the metal instead of the weak plastic cover. Headlight motors problems are now solved unless the sheet metal rusts away the motors will never fail again. Enjoy