Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Strange AUX input on DEH-P6700MP

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 12:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Strange AUX input on DEH-P6700MP

Hey guys, I just plugged in an RCA to mini jack plug into my headunit to hook up my new MP3 player. I have never used the AUX input on this stereo before, but it is behaving very strangely!!

It will only play out of the front speakers in the car and when I switch to other inputs like radio or cd both the input i changed to radio or cd and the auxillary my mp3 player are playing at the same time!!

Is this normal with this headunit ?? I had a really cheapo DUAL headunit hooked up to my old nomad mp3 player and it worked just fine, am I missing something here with my headunit that cost almost 3 times as much ?!
Old 02-20-2006, 06:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you sure you plugged it into the AUX input and not the front channel output?
Old 02-20-2006, 09:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as far as i know the 6700 does not have an aux input unless you by the bus adaptor for it.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by maddboost
Are you sure you plugged it into the AUX input and not the front channel output?
Yea I was in a hurry and didnt bother to look at the manual , I just assumed that the other set of RCA jacks was an AUX input, it was in fact the front channel output, what a stupid head unit what good is that to output ONLY the front channels?!

Quick Reply: Strange AUX input on DEH-P6700MP