Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Problem with battery cables/screws

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Problem with battery cables/screws

alright well the car has been sitting for awhile and the positive side of the battery is stuck in the battery still. The screw is warped and im having huge problems getting it out... what should I do? and can these screws be replaced because they seem to be locked into this gray piece? I just bought a new optima red top and i wanna put it in and the old one just doesnt wanna leave
Old 03-20-2006, 06:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98FoRmULa_BiRd
alright well the car has been sitting for awhile and the positive side of the battery is stuck in the battery still. The screw is warped and im having huge problems getting it out... what should I do? and can these screws be replaced because they seem to be locked into this gray piece? I just bought a new optima red top and i wanna put it in and the old one just doesnt wanna leave
You can usually find replacement terminal screws at a car audio store. But you will need to trim the plastic on the cables.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the screw is warped and its giving you trouble why not spend a couple of extra bucks and get a new + terminal? Batteries can be dangerious so be careful.