Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

CD Player unlock

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 03:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD Player unlock

I have a 2002 Trailblazer with an AC delco RDS CD player and its locked out due to the fact that the battery was disconnected. I need to figure out how to unlock it due to the fact that im in the military and im stationed in Germany. There seems to be no shops that can unlock it. I found out how to unlock a normal radio but nobody seems to know how to unlock an RDS one. Anyone know how to help?
Old 07-22-2006, 02:04 AM
Teching In

Ttt..
Old 07-22-2006, 02:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

1) Go out to your car, and put the key to the 'on' position (not run). When the radio turns on, press and hold #2 and #3. After about ten seconds, three numbers will appear on the screen. Take your time and write these down.

2) After you have the first three numbers, press and release the AM/FM button. Three more numbers will appear on the screen. Write these down.

3) With your new-found 6-digit code, go inside and call 1-800-537-5140. It's just an electronic answering machine. Once the guy finishes talking, press 202108, followed by the *Asterisk* button (not pound).

4) He'll then tell you to enter in your 4- or 6-digit code, followed by the star/asterisk again. So, type in the numbers you got out of your radio, and hit star/asterisk.

5) He'll then tell you your 4-digit unlock code. Write it down.

Now you can go back out to your car, press and release the "HR" (hour) button until it flashes, and enter in the first two digits of your 4-digit code. Then press the MIN (minute) button and enter the last two digits. [For instance, if my code was the number "1848", I'd press the HR button 18 times and the MIN button 48 times]. When you're done, hit AM/FM. The radio is now unlocked.

To turn off Theftlock so you don't have to repeat this process the next power loss, just repeat the last step -- pressing HR and MIN to re-enter the code. When it's done and you hit AM/FM, a blank set of three hyphens ("---") will appear on the screen. You've disabled Theftlock.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Launching!

Also you may wanna try this.

The following procedure will give you a new code that you can use instead of your personal code. Using this new code, you can “unlock” your radio and then “re-lock” it with a new code if you wish. Prerequisites: The radio must be in LOC mode NOT in INOP mode. Let me explain. If you have activated the Theft-Deterrent feature of your radio and loose power, the radio goes into LOC (theftlock) mode. With the ignition on, you must use the MN and HR buttons to enter you personal code in order to unlock it (The instructions are on page 3-27 in your Y2K Owner’s manual). If you fail to enter the correct code eight (8) times, the radio goes into INOP mode. You have to wait an hour with the ignition on before the radio returns to LOC mode (go for a long drive somewhere). Procedure:
1. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
2. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
3. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don’t take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.
4. Press the AM/FM button
5. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
6. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
7. Call 1 800 537 5140
8. Press 1 then # (pound). You’ll hear “Invalid Code, try again”
9. Press 139010 then # (pound). You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by * (start)
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then * (star)
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC Your radio is now “un-locked” and usable. The Theft-Deterrent feature is STILL active! If you want to disable it, use the instruction on page 3-27 in your Y2K Owner’s manual. Use the code from STEP 11 instead of your personal code.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have the 4 digit unlock code, but i dont get how to put it in. there's only 3 numbers that come up and the code is 4 digits long.
my code is 0442, but how do i put that in there when they only give me 3 spots?
Old 08-16-2006, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

nevermind, im an idiot. i got it.

Quick Reply: CD Player unlock