Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

I know this is probably on here somewhere, but I have some specific wiring how to ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 12:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I know this is probably on here somewhere, but I have some specific wiring how to ?'s

Alright, right now I have the stock monsoon system. I was just adding an RF p2002 200 watt RMS amp powering a sinlge 10" woofer, and then decided....hey I should just redo MY WHOLE SYSTEM! So I am getting a Jensen touch screen DVD/Ipod/XM diddy for the SS. I have been told that in a vert' all of the speakers are powered by the Monsoon?? Assuming this is true I was just going to get some replacement speakers (probably 3 weeks or so after I get the rest) and for the time being just run the stock Monsoon amp & speakers. I was going to run the replacements off of the Monsoon amp. What is the best/easiest way to wire the new HU and Monsoon amp do do this (hopefully it is just an adaptor), and also if anyone believes I have been misinformed. I appreciate any help. Thanks
-Kyle
Old 08-21-2006, 07:04 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The convertibles are wired differently at the amp and the amp powers all speakers but head unit replacement is the same as in a coupe. Just get a mounting kit (for the different size head unit), a wiring harness adapter, and an antenna adapter then just mount it and plug it in.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, thats what I wanted to hear