Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Pics of my new install

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 12:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of my new install

After shopping around for a couple months and hearing every speaker imaginable this is the system i decided on.

Kenwood 915DVD reciever with Nav add on
Sub amp - Memphis mc1000D 1100 watt got it down to 1 ohm stable
Subs - 3/ 10" subs Eclipse sw7104dvc T4's Diecast aluminum
replacment Component and rear fillers - Eclipse se8362 6" component
se8363 6" fillers

Subthump made the box for me and i was VERY impressed by the quality of it.

I figured i came this far so i might as well make use of the 5.1 surround, so i had them custom install 2 Eclipse se8233 centers 3 1/2" speakers in the dash aside the front window defroster. (this was the BEST investment!)

Memphis mca2004 4 way amp for the component and fillers

This system sounds amazingly LOUD and CLEAN. I really like the kenwood reciever because all the crossovers are touchcontroll from the front.

the sound advantage in harwood hieghts IL. hooked me up in a little over 1 day from start to finsh along with a couple other little extra's.

first extra was a blue neon licence plate holder in the back powered by a toggle under the steering wheel. second extra was a blue neon strip around the reciever area also powered by a seperate toggle located under the steering wheel area. hidden from plain view of course.

http://www.rakereward.com/stereo.htm is where the pictures are located. the file sizes are a little big but nothing for a broadband connection...

Let me know what you think!
Old 03-16-2005, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

Pretty sweet set up. How do you like the subthump box? I am considering a purchase from them for my 2 12" subs and would like some feedback from buyers. By the way where are your amp/s mounted? Looks awesome.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RobTheHog
Pretty sweet set up. How do you like the subthump box? I am considering a purchase from them for my 2 12" subs and would like some feedback from buyers. By the way where are your amp/s mounted? Looks awesome.
Thanks for the compliments. Subthump is where i got the box from and they are GREAT! the amps i had located under the box along with the break out boxes from the reciever and the NAV DVD box and a couple fans blowing onto the amps to keep them cool.

I highly reccomend subthump for your box.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:24 PM
On The Tree

everything looks great except the neons.
neons are way too ricey, and the way its all squiggly around the center console just looks cheap.

now if you had a fiberglass box with glass/mirors and neons then its cool.
and the license plate...... nastiest thing you can do to a car.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks like a really nice system you've got going on!
Old 03-16-2005, 01:50 PM
TECH Resident

I like the system.. Really nice, with gobs of power. However, I would ditch the neons, mostly the neon wire around the radio, personally, it looks like
Old 03-16-2005, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by xttc2000
everything looks great except the neons.
neons are way too ricey, and the way its all squiggly around the center console just looks cheap.

now if you had a fiberglass box with glass/mirors and neons then its cool.
and the license plate...... nastiest thing you can do to a car.
I do agree that the neon strip could be better installed and does look shabby in daylight BUT at night it looks sweet! and the neon plate i don't care what you say it looks mad at night...
Old 03-16-2005, 02:01 PM
Staging Lane

Alright the more i look at it the more i agree it looks cheap. i'll remove it. BUT i want to do more for this area with something...any idea's? also i want to modify the out side vents on the sides of the car to metal or colored. any idea where i can find something like this aftermarket? i've seen them on local TA's but never had the chance to ask one of them where to get the parts...

I'll ditch the wires...
Old 03-16-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Veteran

hey dude.....I like how you did your center in the vent (very slick).

I did the same thing but with a 4 X 6. It sounds really nice but leaves a big oval on the windshield that won't defrost/defog.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Question

Does your Kenwood receiver play mp3,s on DVD's? I am looking for a unit to do this and am not having any luck. May have found a Pioneer but really would like to stick with Kenwwod Excelon. Thanks
Old 03-16-2005, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2001CamaroGuy
hey dude.....I like how you did your center in the vent (very slick).

I did the same thing but with a 4 X 6. It sounds really nice but leaves a big oval on the windshield that won't defrost/defog.
I wouldn't mind the oval space missing on the windshield. you gotta know what's more important in life. hmmm, clear window or killer sound....SOUND!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Junkie

bet it sounds really good...... one thing..... how much $$$$..... looks expensive
Old 03-16-2005, 02:20 PM
Launching!

Where is your amp at?
Old 03-16-2005, 02:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RobTheHog
Does your Kenwood receiver play mp3,s on DVD's? I am looking for a unit to do this and am not having any luck. May have found a Pioneer but really would like to stick with Kenwwod Excelon. Thanks
This kenwood reciever there top of the line reciever. it plays DVD's MP3 disk, vcd and a few other versions of video files. also you can add on Nav into the touch screen. you can purchase there mp3 keg which is an MP3 players that runs through the touch screen also along with a few other toys. sirus ready HD radio, built in TV tuner. loads of stuff BUT it's expensive as hell... kenwood KVT-915DVD look it up...
Old 03-16-2005, 02:25 PM
Staging Lane

Amps are located underneath the box along with the break out box, nav DVD box and fans. all togather with a high end alarm and remote 2 way starter with a 5000 foot range it was 7K. was i raped? maybe but it is the best bumpin i ever had...
Old 03-16-2005, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ILuvMyTransam
Alright the more i look at it the more i agree it looks cheap. i'll remove it. BUT i want to do more for this area with something...any idea's? also i want to modify the out side vents on the sides of the car to metal or colored. any idea where i can find something like this aftermarket? i've seen them on local TA's but never had the chance to ask one of them where to get the parts...

I'll ditch the wires...
I ordered one of these Trans Am kits yesterday. May be a better option than neon. Just a thought. F Bod Install Kits I ordered the Trans Am version without any additional custom lettering on it.

Rob L.

Last edited by RobTheHog; 03-16-2005 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

Nice system. But three subs... My head would be aching with all that bass. Pretty clean install though.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by super_kev
Nice system. But three subs... My head would be aching with all that bass. Pretty clean install though.
That's the idea!
Old 03-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Launching!

wow...nice system... I'm getting a similar headunit from kenwood... hopefully it will all be put in monday...
Old 03-16-2005, 08:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ILuvMyTransam

I'll ditch the wires...
How 'bout this...: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ht=vent+bezels