Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

A different question about wiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 01:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A different question about wiring

When pulling out the turn signal lever, I pulled a bit too hard, and jerked all the wires out of the column. So heres my puzzle:
In the column theres: Pink In the lever theres: Yellow
Grey Red
Blue Lt Blue
Black Green
So which ones go together?
Whenever you guys are tired of me picking your brains let me know. Although it really wont matter.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:14 PM
Launching!

WOW, I didnt realize how screwed up that post looked, so lets try again
in the column is pink, grey, blue, and black....and in the switch theres yellow, red, green, and lt blue. Im not sure how they go together.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:38 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Which car...the 02 or the 69?
Old 08-22-2006, 04:03 PM
Launching!

Sorry, I guess it would help to specify. Its the 02.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:40 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

I'm at a loss as to where the wires came from. The turn signal lever doesn't have any wires except for the cruise control connection which has four wires - pink, gray, dark blue, and gray with black. All the other functions aren't wired into the lever - they're controlled by the movement of the lever in the switch inside the steering column. The four cruise control wires have a small black connector between where they come out of the lever and go into the column. But the wire colors are the same on both sides of the connector.

The other colors you mentioned are from the wipers and/or the turn signals. The wipers use yellow, pink, dark green, gray and purple. The turn signals use brown, purple, yellow, light blue with white, dark blue with white, and dark green. But again, the wires don't change color on opposite sides of a connector. In other words, you need to match up your broken yellow wire with another section of yellow wire someplace not cross connect to a different color. You may have to remove the steering wheel and have a look inside the column to find the other ends.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:06 AM
Launching!

This is where Im lost. I had the column taken down to the ignition, nothing. I saw the wires come apart as I yanked them out. They came out of a small blue connector, and the connector part is still connected. The wires you described coming out of the switch were the same color, but on the other end, different. I guess Im gonna have to break down and take it to the dealership. blah