Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Getting the itch for a new head unit

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 08:52 PM
Tire Smoking Tranny Blowing Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Getting the itch for a new head unit

I have a totally stock sound system and was wonder what brand of head unit should I get and I seen they have them in diff watts. I would also down the road upgrade the stock speakers to( way down the road). I would like if it had a removeable face plate to.

Thanks
Old 01-18-2003, 12:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Re: Getting the itch for a new head unit

I'm interested in buying your stock CD head unit so I can put it in my daughter's Sunfire.

Send me an email with your phone number so we can talk about the details.

Thanks,
John
Old 01-19-2003, 06:03 PM
Tire Smoking Tranny Blowing Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im just looking right now. I have to get my car running prefect again and thats going to take some time. Ill let ya know whenever I go to buy a new one though.
Old 02-09-2003, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't be so quick to change the stock HU. I put a couple bass tubes in my car w/the stock monsoon system and it sounds great. After installing car audio for Circuit City for a while, I've had a lot of systems, but this is a good sounding system already (with a little help in the low end). If you're really bent on an aftermarket unit, Alpines are good, as are the higher level Pioneers (the organic EL displays look cool, too). I've had Alpine, Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood, and played with all the rest and as long as you don't get the cheapest thing around, you'll be fine. Just pick the one that matches your car's looks and illumination the best, and one where the controls suit your taste. Go to some stores and play around with them for a while.