Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Best place to come through firewall for power?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Best place to come through firewall for power?

I'm putting a new system in my car and will need to run a 4 gauge power line from the battery to the rear of the car. Can anyone tell me the best place to come through the firewall? It seems like behind the PCM might be a good spot if I move the PCM first of course but I was wondering what everyone else thinks? Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres a rubber grommet in the firewall behind the computor, take the two bolts out of the computor and pull it to the side and you can get to it easilly.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Jerimiah! It looked like a good spot but I wanted to ask someone who has done it before. Thanks again!
Old 09-16-2006, 04:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah just pull the computer and there is a grommet below it that can be used. Just make sure that you seal around the wire where it goes through the grommet with some silicone sealer. Because if you don't when it rains water can leak below the carpet through the grommet , trust me I know from first hand experience.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:19 AM
Launching!

If you can't under the bolts that hold the ecm in place, don't try. You'll end up breaking them.

Instead, you should be able to fish it from the inside of the car into the hood area.