Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

12" passenger stealth box

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 12" passenger stealth box

I have a type r 1242d sub and want to put it in a stealthbox on the passenger side. I was wondering what the volume of the passenger stealth subthump makes. I cant seem to find it anywhere. Also, does anyone know of anyone who sells a 12 passenger stealth? I've read the tech station over at fbodyaudio and would attempt to build one but I'd rather pay an extra 50 bucks and have it made then but the material. Or even cut out the subthump 10 to a 12 if possible.

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 11-05-2006, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you're pushing the envelope with a 12" sub in a premade stealth box. If you really want a 12 you should look for another type of enclosure. Check out Sub Thump for some ideas. While you might be able to make a 12" fit into a stealth box their size and volume is much better suited for a 10" sub.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Launching!

There is plenty enough room for most 12's in a passenger side stealth. The driver side on the other hand will only take a small box 12" sub or you can build a fiberglass box and get somewhere in the neigborhood of 1cf (extending under the trim panel towards the rear seatbelt).

SubThump was making 12" passenger stealth and without looking I believe still are.
If you are interested in a GOOD fiberglass box for the driver side, someone on here makes them, and to comply with non sponser stuff you will have to PM me. I have one from him on the way, can't wait!
Old 11-05-2006, 11:58 PM
On The Tree

People have made stealthes in the passenger side up to 2 cubic feet. I was just wondering if anyone makes them around here, which i think i already knew who would, and also what the volume on the subthump was.

Quick Reply: 12" passenger stealth box