Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

relocated battery, where should i connect the line from trunk to?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default relocated battery, where should i connect the line from trunk to?

i ran the line from the trunk to the engine compartment but the place where the stock battery connection is is now where my turbo is, can i connect the positive to the other side of the engine bay where the red plastic piece conencts to the fuse box? so its away from heat? also if i do this can i just leave the postitive conection ont he side alone or does it have to be connect to a positive power source?
Old 12-05-2006, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Draw

This is how you need to reconnect all wires.

Sure you can relocate your wires to drivers side, but you NEED to follow the drawing. You cannot connect BATT direct onto the red plastic piece connected to the fuse box. You have to reroute the wires.
Attached Thumbnails relocated battery, where should i connect the line from trunk to?-relocate-batt-schema.jpg  
Old 12-05-2006, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vikingramair
This is how you need to reconnect all wires.

Sure you can relocate your wires to drivers side, but you NEED to follow the drawing. You cannot connect BATT direct onto the red plastic piece connected to the fuse box. You have to reroute the wires.
so i run the line from teh trunk to the stock battery connection. and if i want to be track-legal, i disconnet to alt line and run that to the cutoff switch, also is it a problem that i have 4guage line????