Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

how to stealth gps?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 05:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how to stealth gps?

I just got a cobra navone gps system for xmas. I would like to stealth install it. THe mount connects to the windshield and looks pretty good as does the unit, but, the cord looks very bulky and is too long. What is the best way to hide this wire? I think itd be cool if i installed another d/c adapter inside the dash and hooked it up. Any ideas? Also, say i decided to just run the wire out in the open, any good idea to make it look good?
Old 12-31-2006, 12:39 PM
11 Second Club

bump ttt
Old 12-31-2006, 07:11 PM
TECH Resident

I have a Globalsat BU-353 antenna hooked up to my carpc. It is flying saucer shaped- about 3.5" in diameter by 3/4"-7/8" thick:

I have it mounted under the plastic upper dash cover so it is not seen at all, and it gets a good view of the sky due to the slope of the windshield. However if you choose to put your antenna there, BE VERY CAREFUL. The plastic dash pad is brittle if the car has been parked outside for years. I attempted to pop mine out so I could put the antenna in there and ended up cracking it in three places. A replacement dash pad is around $100 shipped. So be careful.