Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

system suggestions!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default system suggestions!

hey i have a 2000 ta and was considering getting an aftermarket cd player and honestly i don't know crap about any of this stuff. i was also considering a 10 inch sub in the back. im all ears i just need a few ideas here
Old 06-06-2007, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

search.

you'll find more than enough - I promise.

or at least post a budget so we have something to work with...what kind of music you listen to, what you're looking for in volume, bass output, etc..

(for HUs tho lean towards Pioneer, Alpine, Eclipse, Kenwood............search for others that are good/bad)
Old 06-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

yea i was waiting on the search thing

searching
Old 06-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fred wasn't trying to be negative. It's just that this question comes up ALOT(weekly sometimes daily)!! Nobody ever puts what they listen to, what their price range is, iPod, Sirius or XM, usb needs or wants, are they installing it themselves or is a shop doing it, etc. There are MANY variables when it comes to building a system or just upgrading what is already there. There are also MANY places to purchase said equipment that can save you alot of dough. I specialize in F-body car audio upgrades (as well as a couple of others). With a little more info I'd be glad to help.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

watts your budget??
Old 06-07-2007, 07:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Walking-dead
Fred wasn't trying to be negative. It's just that this question comes up ALOT(weekly sometimes daily)!! Nobody ever puts what they listen to, what their price range is, iPod, Sirius or XM, usb needs or wants, are they installing it themselves or is a shop doing it, etc. There are MANY variables when it comes to building a system or just upgrading what is already there. There are also MANY places to purchase said equipment that can save you alot of dough. I specialize in F-body car audio upgrades (as well as a couple of others). With a little more info I'd be glad to help.
So what have you done with installing a 2 din in the dash? Have you found a good way to do that? Is there an fairly simple way to do it?
Old 06-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Banned

I haven't done a double din install on one yet. There are several people here who have done there's or had it done at a shop. It is not super complicated as I am very familiar with the area behind the radio but it is by NO means simple as far as the fabrication is concerned. Especially when it comes to making it look factory stock. All the upgrades I've done involved single din applications. If I were to do one in my ride it would be to upgrade to a Car PC. That's really where the technology is heading IMO.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Banned

what ever happend to just a radio and some 6x9's lol
Old 06-08-2007, 02:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Walking-dead
I haven't done a double din install on one yet. There are several people here who have done there's or had it done at a shop. It is not super complicated as I am very familiar with the area behind the radio but it is by NO means simple as far as the fabrication is concerned. Especially when it comes to making it look factory stock. All the upgrades I've done involved single din applications. If I were to do one in my ride it would be to upgrade to a Car PC. That's really where the technology is heading IMO.
Car PC, what is that? I haven't heard about this.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:07 PM
Banned

Basically you have a home PC in your car and use the touch screen just like a monitor. You remote mount your PC somewhere in the vehicle. Now you have navigation software, MP3, DVD, in some cases wifi or high speed internet connectivity, etc. in your vehicle. Great for business applications or just showing off.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Banned

showing off is cool and theres some practical use for it as well.. **** would be my choice!
Old 06-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Banned

LMAO!!!! Yep...you could do that as well!!!