Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Back speakers turned off.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back speakers turned off.

Recently i got into my 95 lt1 after i had my g/f drive my car to get the alignment done (scary)..... when i got back in the car the music was up to the max and i noticed the bass from my stock Bose sound system wasn't at its best. later i realized that the two rear speakers were off.... not blown or sratchy or muffled.... but off. Front and trunk speakers work fine. What could be the problem. Should i take it to a radio shop??
Old 06-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Silly question...you're sure you have speakers there? The Bose systems were available in 5-speaker and 3-speaker variations. The 3-speaker versions had only door speakers and a sub in the hatch area.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:55 PM
TECH Regular

I have the 5-speaker set up and the two in the back seat area arent working at all. Just turned off on me?
Old 06-17-2007, 07:28 PM
TECH Regular

Any possible things it could be??
Old 06-18-2007, 06:52 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

I don't have a schematic for the Bose system but I suspect a fuse somewhere. The Bose speakers each had their own individual amp connected to the speaker. If those amps aren't getting power because of a blown fuse you won't get any sound from them. Check your fuse panel for a fuse labeled something like RADIO ACCY or PWR ACCY.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:51 AM
Teching In

I kinda have the same problem. But it's both rear speakers don't work. The front door speakers work and the both hatch speakers work, but the left and right rear seat speakers do not. I checked out all the fuses and non were blown. I just noticed it the other day, because it was cutting in and out. I don't know where to look now. I have an after market cd player in there but I put that in when I got the car and I have it for almost a year now. I checked the connections on the wiring harness in the back of the cd deck and everything was spliced well.