Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

WTF?! Got window fixed...then CD player dies!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF?! Got window fixed...then CD player dies!!

Hey guys,
I just got my car back from the stealership, where I had my driver's side window motor replaced. Like 2 days later, my CD player just literally dies. It was playing fine, then it started to sound like a record player slowing down - the pitch was dropping, and the temp was getting slower. Now it doesnt work at all. I get the "ERR" message. I'm gonna have it fixed at the stealership under warranty, but I was curious if there could have been a wiring foulup during the motor fix??
Old 06-19-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It may have something to do with the express down module, it looks like its connected in series with the power retain module, both look similar, they look like large relays.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would have to say no, has to be a separate issue.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:47 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Just a coincidence - the two circuits are unrelated except that they both run off the RAP power from the BCM. Besides, the CD player producing an error is an internal problem in the head unit. It's not a case of the HU not getting power or anything like that.