Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Flip out DVD player

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 06:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flip out DVD player

I wanna get a flip out dvd player for a head unit but will it work with the monsoon amp and everything else? Also, how do you disable the thing that doesn't let it play movies while driving?
Old 06-21-2007, 08:06 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by waldershrek
I wanna get a flip out dvd player for a head unit but will it work with the monsoon amp and everything else?
Certainly. Just get a wiring harness adapter and antenna adapter for a few bucks at any audio shop or auto parts store. It will connect just like any normal GM/Delco system.
Also, how do you disable the thing that doesn't let it play movies while driving?
You don't because watching movies while driving is one of the most incredibly stupid things a person can do. Those overrides aren't there to protect you...they're there to protect the rest of us from idiot distracted drivers watching movies.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Aftermarket head units will work with the Monsoon system, as far as disabling the the safety features I don't know(ground out a wire). Judging by your avatar I'm assuming you would like to know how just for the sake of knowing, right
Old 06-21-2007, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

Also, how do you disable the thing that doesn't let it play movies while driving?
(modification description deleted)

As for watching it while driving, maybe he has no intentions on watching it, maybe it is for the passenger. I don't watch mine while driving, but when my wife and I take my car back home to my parents' house 4 hours away, she will put in a DVD and watch it to stay entertained.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by my98ws6
(modification description deleted)

As for watching it while driving, maybe he has no intentions on watching it, maybe it is for the passenger. I don't watch mine while driving, but when my wife and I take my car back home to my parents' house 4 hours away, she will put in a DVD and watch it to stay entertained.
It is still just as illegal as long as it's in view of the driver. Thread locked.