Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Finally ready to begin!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally ready to begin!

Well after several hang-ups and delays and whatnot, my speakers and new headunit, as well as my x-rack from subthump all arrived yesterday, and I felt like a little kid on christmas ripping tape off, throwing little foam peanuts everywhere, beaming from ear to ear. But anyways, I got my hands on a Premier 690UB and a set of CDT Audio ES-620's. Tonight I'm meeting up with my friend and picking up an Audiobahn 2302T 2-channel amp as well as a 1.4 farad cap to go with my current Audiobahn A1801T mono-channel amp and my 2 JL 10w0-8. So setup is gonna begin tonight or tomorrow, and I'll post pictures as I go. A few questions though... Do you guys recommencd using 4 or 0 gauge wire into the power distribution/capacitor? I'm gonna be running probably 4 or 8 from the cap (4 is preferred, but it might not fit anything larger than 8). Also, should I run the cap just to the sub amp or should it be run to the sub and speaker amp??? I'll make sure to post pictures along the way!
Old 06-25-2007, 02:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

how many watts total? personaly, if you can run 0 gauge, run it, why risk starving the system. I have ALWAYS ran 0 gauge. If you run the cap to the sub amp, it is also hooked to the speaker amp, capasitors are more for subs, but seeing as how all the wires do lead to each other, the cap will be hooked to both. The cap terminals on the sub amp just hook to the normal wires haha, good question though.

good luck man i hope all turns out sick as hell
Old 06-25-2007, 09:22 AM
Staging Lane

Wellllll... I ended up going and getting a 2 amp wiring kit (I would have preferred ordering from knukonceptz, but I really needed it done this weekend) so I used 4 gauge all the way to the power distribution block and 8 gauge back from there to each amp, and I've had no problems with that at all so far. I also ran 16 gauge shielded speaker wire, as well as a 4 gauge ground wire from the cap and 8 gauge from each amp. Everything seemed to work great, up until I attempted to put the speakers in their little pod thingy off the door. The speakers were too big! So we cut little slits in the plastic and the speaker mount molded to fit the speaker, but the holed still stayed in place since they were reinforced better, lining it up for a perfect fit. The big problem we've hit now, though, is that the doors don't want to go back on! The cardboard/leather vinyl lining opening is a TINY bit too small to fit the now slightly expanded speaker pods, so we're going to have to cust some of that stuff away after I get off work today. Everything sounds great up to now, even without the tweeters I'm impressed! I can't wait to get the doors on and the tweeters mounted up and hear it with the tweeters. Unfortunately, the new headunit has a lot of wires behind it now (remote turn on, RCA's, USB cable for my thumbdrive, etc.) so it's sticking out at the moment, but that just takes a bit of wire managing and it'll be fine. But anyways like I said, I'm hopefully gonna have it all together by tonight, and I'll post final pics and my thoughts when it's all assembled!