Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Subthump D/S Stealthbox install Q

Old 06-25-2007, 10:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Subthump D/S Stealthbox install Q

I got my Stealthbox delivered on Friday. I could hardly wait to put it in.

I already had a Polk 10" (2 of them actually, in a box I used to have in my old Grand Prix) and a 600W Kenwood amp.

Fortunately, the amp has speaker-level inputs, so I didn't have to get any converters or anything like that, all I needed was wire. I also got a neat idea to tap off of the monsoon amp for everything. The schematic was extremely handy (and gave me the idea), got power and signal right from the harness, and I put the Kenwood in the spare tire well so I didn't have to pull any of the interior apart. Since I plan on going with a CarPC and ripping out the Monsoon h/u and amp eventually anyway, I thought this was a pretty neat idea.

Got the sub in, the wire run around the back of the car, the new amp tapped in and working (running the remote/power on wire to the power antenna, also right there), and it sounds great. If anything, it's too loud. lol

The box is also a pressure fit and not going anywhere, which is nice.

But my question is, how many of you guys who have one had to customize the box a little? Even once I did manage to get it jammed in as far as I possibly could, the plastic cover doesn't sit quite right. It's a little high, and a little pulled out toward the center of the car. With the cargo flap in place, everything sits still, but it bugs me that it's not down on the carpet like it was before the box was there.

I'm going to have to break out a dremel grinder and grind down the top of the box a little I think. I was really hoping it would be a perfect and proper fit with no customization needed. (I have no other mods to the interior)

Last edited by DrkPhynx; 06-25-2007 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:22 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They take a little moving around to get it just right. I have 2 and they both needed a little attention to fit perfect.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to move mine around a bit to get it to sit right, I also had to remove the bracket with the stud sticking out for the factory 12 Disc CD changer that's spot welded in to get it to sit flat.

Search this Thread