Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

stock stereo issue...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 04:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default stock stereo issue...

well the screen on my 99 ta's radio is doing the predator self destruct thing....just wanting to see if anyones had this issue before and if so did your radio go out soon after?....also i hate my volume ***...try to turn it down and it goes up....:banghead:....dont even use the damn thing that much
Old 06-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Here is a thread about monsoon display issues:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/537742-monsoon-radio-trouble.html
Old 06-27-2007, 12:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for the info, guess ill just roll with it
Old 06-27-2007, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same issue with my Monsoon HU volume control (until I FINALLY got to rip it out last weekend!). I noticed that if I applied a little bit of upward or downward force on the **** while I was turning it, it would work. It wasn't too much of an issue for me since I always used the steering wheel controls. My wife would get annoyed with it, but she learned to either just ask me to adjust it or to reach over and hit the steering wheel button herself.

Anyway, try pushing the **** slightly up, down, left, or right to see if that helps at all. It's not a real fix for the problem, but it may get things working well enough for you.

Good luck.