Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stereo Installation question ($$)

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 04:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo Installation question ($$)

My 2001 SS is still down.. prob for another 2-3 weeks... which is the worst thing that could have happened audio wise... me and my friend both decided we'll put it in together, him being the one with the knowledge and me just help holding stuff.. tools that kinda thing.. i have absolutely no knowledge of car audio installation... anyway... he recently got accepted to albany college.. and now i am up ***** creek without a paddle...

how much do you think a professional radio shop will charge to install and if there is anybody privately from the forum with a good price in the nassau county/NY city area... willing to listen... ty
Old 06-28-2007, 04:35 AM
On The Tree

Default by the way..

i completely forgot in order for you guys to try an estimate...

1 deck
2 sets of JL audio component speakers
2 Kenwood amps... 4 channel and 1 channel
1 10" sub

i have the sub stealth box and also the amp rack, wiring kit.. basically everything to install it except the know how..
Old 06-28-2007, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats basically a complete system... depending on the shop it could be anywhere from around $150 to $250 to install it all. Probably about a 4-5 hour job to do everything.

I bet you can install everything yourself. The deck might be the only thing that gives you trouble because of the wiring, but everything else is pretty straight forward.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 95bat
Thats basically a complete system... depending on the shop it could be anywhere from around $150 to $250 to install it all. Probably about a 4-5 hour job to do everything.

I bet you can install everything yourself. The deck might be the only thing that gives you trouble because of the wiring, but everything else is pretty straight forward.
No most definitely the deck is the easiest part. Running speaker wires through the doors is the major pain in the ***, since you also have to take the door panels off.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 95bat

if u took it to a BB or CC youd be looking at roughly 325-375$ in just labor here in california.

55$ sub amp install
60$ 4 channel amp install
66$ each set of components
radio is 49$ + 25$ HW charge

besides mounting a subwoofer in the box and mounting the amprack........ most shops charge alot for equipment not purchased from them.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless you plan on buying all the speaker and power lines yourself don't forget to add these to installation costs. If you have a shop buy these prepare to pay out the *** for the wiring as well. My wire order alone for my DIY install was nearly 300. That included all new wire for 4 speakers, 2 subs, Interconnects, Power and ground wires, Circuit breaker, connectors etc.. So for a first class job using premium componenets you might pay 400-500 for just all the extra stuff needed then 400+ IMHO to install a HU, 4 speakers, subs and amps.