Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Using the Traction Control switch for something else

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using the Traction Control switch for something else

Heres the deal. the wires that go up to the key to make sure the resistor is right were breaking, so I spiced in a wire with the right resistance and saved myself a ton of money. With the recent theft of a couple cars in my neck of the woods I want to take a Traction control switch and use it as a kill switch. so that the car wont start before I press teh TC switch once. looks completely stock, but has some added security.

I'm thinking there's a way, but I dont know how.

any ideas?
Old 07-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Launching!

I've seen a few people rig up "engine start/stop" buttons like you see on the new Nissans. It would probably be easier to set it up so that you turn the key to the "on" position and press/hold the traction control button to fire the car up. I can damn near guarantee that no thief would figure that out!
Old 07-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Teching In

I like that Idea also! how would I wire that?
Old 07-09-2007, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

two wires on the traction control switch... one to ground one to pin 86 of a SPDT relay.... pin 85 of relay to 12V fused... pin 87 to key side of starter wire pin 30 to motor side of start wire..... this results in needing the traction switch having to be held down in order to start the car