Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

TC Sounds (TC-1000)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TC Sounds (TC-1000)

Alright, so i was gunna order the TC sounds OEM 10'' sub that a lot of people on here like but i went back to their website to order it and i found out that they are out of stock now... so I called them up to see if they had any extra and he said no but they could build one for me but it would take 2 to 3 weeks...

He ended up recomending the TC-1000 10" because he said it also works well in small enclosers. My question is do any on you guys have this sub or have heard it? or you could just look at the specs and maybe give me an opinion... any help is apreciated. http://tcsounds.com/tc1000.htm specs are listed on that page.

I will be putting it into a stealth box on the drivers side. Thanx in advance.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They're good subs. I have the db-500s, which aren't made anymore, but area very, very close to the TC-1000. I like them a lot.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've learned any of their subs will work well in almost any size sealed enclosure EXCEPT the TC-9 which is waht it's more advertised for... (it's more for small ported enclosures).

IMO, have them build you and OEM 10" -- 2 or 3 weeks....what's the rush? If that's the sub you want, wait it out and have no regrets.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by fredmr39
I've learned any of their subs will work well in almost any size sealed enclosure EXCEPT the TC-9 which is waht it's more advertised for... (it's more for small ported enclosures).

IMO, have them build you and OEM 10" -- 2 or 3 weeks....what's the rush? If that's the sub you want, wait it out and have no regrets.

i will be back at school in about 4 weeks... dont have the time nor the equipment down there to do it. if there is one that works just as good in the stealth box then i would think i would just get that and put it in right away.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camaroz99b
i will be back at school in about 4 weeks... dont have the time nor the equipment down there to do it. if there is one that works just as good in the stealth box then i would think i would just get that and put it in right away.
- mounting a sub in a box requires what kind of equipment and time again?

It will come with nice hex screws and hex wrench to tighten them.....that's all you need.

If you must order now...go with the TC-1000 or Elemental Designs 11Ov.2.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Staging Lane

since i only know a little about subs and you guys obv now a hell of a lot more then me... whats the difference between a single 4 ohm voice coil and a dual 4 ohm voice coil and which should i get?
Old 07-06-2007, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

since i only know a little about subs and you guys obv now a hell of a lot more then me... whats the difference between a single 4 ohm voice coil and a dual 4 ohm voice coil and which should i get?
well what amp will you be powering it with? If it's a 2ch amp you plan on bridging....you'll probably want the single 4 ohm -- if it's a monoblock - the dual 4 ohm voice coils will allow you to wire it for a nominal 2 ohm impedance, which will work better with your monoblock

If you do not yet have an amp -- get the dual 4 ohm voice coil.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

thanx i apreciate it! i think im just very unlucky cause i just went to buy them and they are out of stock on the dvc ones... i will just give them a call monday and see what they say.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanx i apreciate it! i think im just very unlucky cause i just went to buy them and they are out of stock on the dvc ones... i will just give them a call monday and see what they say.
if you're gonna buy from TC - do it within the next week or two because if you didn't notice, they will be raising prices on everything 30-50%
Old 07-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Staging Lane

yeah i saw that... NOT COOL
Old 07-07-2007, 04:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think they're doing it to help all of the OEM companies they build for. Those companies are going under because TC is selling so cheap direct.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 95bat
I think they're doing it to help all of the OEM companies they build for. Those companies are going under because TC is selling so cheap direct.
How would that help the OEM companies they build for if it's the OEM companies that are going under and not TC? I just assume the increase is mostly due to material costs rising and popularity growing -- they've been out of more and more drivers recently......but who knows
Old 07-07-2007, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fredmr39
How would that help the OEM companies they build for if it's the OEM companies that are going under and not TC? I just assume the increase is mostly due to material costs rising and popularity growing -- they've been out of more and more drivers recently......but who knows
The OEM companies are going under because TC sells the same or better driver for cheaper. Sound Splinter is a perfect example, they go through TC for their stuff and since TC started selling directly their sales have fallen big time. If TC raises their prises people will start looking at other places again since the market will be priced a little more evenly.

Quick Reply: TC Sounds (TC-1000)