Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

HELP ASAP autotrix install went wrong

Old 07-08-2007, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP ASAP autotrix install went wrong

hey guys i need help asap i tried to install autotrix quick pass window kit and i was being distracted with something else and ended up wiring up the kit wrong and long story short my pass window wont work at all but my driver side is fine.i tried to put the wring back to the way it was and it still dont work. i noticed that the where the brown wire that goes to the switch was melted from the lil metal piece that connects to the wire. i tried the motor with it going directly to a batt. and it works so the motor is good. i changed the connector from the motor and it still dont work. so do you think that the switch itself fried? or did it mess up the whole wiring all together? thanks guys and sorry for the long post please help.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

ok well figured out it was the pass side window switch that fried out but the weird thing is that i put on a new one and now it goes down when i push up and vice versa. why is it doing this?? please help guys thanks
Old 07-09-2007, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

you wired it wrong..... what ever you have connected to the GM brown wire swap it over to the GM blue and visa versa.... and i talking about the wires that lead to the motor side not the switch side (leave these alone)
Old 07-09-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats the weird part i put them the exact way it was before i touched it and its backwards. so i dont get i guess ill switch them at the motor
Old 07-10-2007, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

ttt please

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP ASAP autotrix install went wrong