Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anyone used this sound deadener?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 10:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Anyone used this sound deadener?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/100-S...34508968QQrdZ1

saw this one on ebay and was wondering if anyone has ever used this brand? for 100 feet sounds pretty good to cover all the spots i need to cover
Old 07-09-2007, 01:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the cost I would look into Edead by Elemental Designs. Great price and great great product. They actually make the thickest sound dampening on the market. The UE sound deadener is twice as thick as dynamat extreme.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

do they have their own website or do you buy it from ebay? i saw on ebay but was wondering if they had their own site. have you tried the other one though?
Old 07-09-2007, 02:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by reject
do they have their own website or do you buy it from ebay? i saw on ebay but was wondering if they had their own site. have you tried the other one though?
edesignaudio.com

I have used Edead in 2 different vehicles of mine.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

thank you very much, i am going to order some of that up and do my whole floor board and side panels, it sucks having to hear all of the road noise! Even though it's a camaro...i still want to be able to have a bearable interior free of TD drone, thanks again for the website! one last question, how much do you actually need?
Old 07-10-2007, 12:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you may wanna check out The Sound Deadener Showdown before you commit to any one sound deadener. keep in mind, the tests done there are not "scientific" by any means, but it still has lots of valuable information.

should at least give you the information to let you choose a product that will work for you (both quality & performance-wise), as well as informing you of any problems with specific products.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:47 AM
Teching In

Just F.Y.I.,

I read the Sound Deadener Showdown last time I saw it posted. It is very helpful and informative, but it is a couple years old. The reason I bring that up is it lists eDead as a rubberized asphalt, which made me not want to get it. I emailed Elemental Designs asking them if it was true and they said that V1SE has been a butyl product for about two years and V1 has been butyl for about a 18 months.

If you want to cut down on road/engine/transmission/exhaust noise, I think you should also get (on top of V1/V1SE/V3/UE from eDesigns) the eDead V4 Teklite. The closed cell foam blocks noise while the butyl mat cuts down on noise from vibrations.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:35 AM
12 Second Club

If you are gonna order Sound deadener call and ask for me (Aaron). I would be glad to help fellow members save some money.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:36 AM
12 Second Club

thank you very much, i am going to order some of that up and do my whole floor board and side panels, it sucks having to hear all of the road noise! Even though it's a camaro...i still want to be able to have a bearable interior free of TD drone, thanks again for the website! one last question, how much do you actually need?
Call and ask for me, we will get something figured out for you man.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

give me a month to get some more money, i only have about 40 that i can spare, but i WILL be calling, all of my interior rattles and squeeks... kinda depressing driving lol
Old 07-10-2007, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by witHonor
Just F.Y.I.,

I read the Sound Deadener Showdown last time I saw it posted. It is very helpful and informative, but it is a couple years old. The reason I bring that up is it lists eDead as a rubberized asphalt, which made me not want to get it. I emailed Elemental Designs asking them if it was true and they said that V1SE has been a butyl product for about two years and V1 has been butyl for about a 18 months.

Damnit!! Last week I just ordered raammat over the elemental designs stuff because of that site
Old 07-10-2007, 12:25 PM
12 Second Club

give me a month to get some more money, i only have about 40 that i can spare, but i WILL be calling, all of my interior rattles and squeeks... kinda depressing driving lol
No problem, just remember my name. I will get ya taken care of.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 87formy
Damnit!! Last week I just ordered raammat over the elemental designs stuff because of that site
I almost ordered RAAMmat too. It's not a bad thing that you're getting it. It is the same thickness as V1SE and only slightly more expensive as long as you get two or more rolls. RAAM also charges less for shipping, so in the end you're getting about the same thing.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:54 PM
10 Second Club

I can tell you that the sound destroyer xtreme is not aluminum backed, its like a silver colored mylar so it doesn't hold it's shape as well as stuff with actual aluminum. Also the adhesive leaves a smell for a couple weeks. It got rid of the rattles really well and it is kinda cheap but I don't think I would confidently recomend it to anyone. And that roller they give you is a piece of **** mine broke on the second piece of mat I laid down. I used the 80 mil ****.