Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Wig-wags (police style)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wig-wags (police style)

well i decided to put these in jsut to mess with my friends in the car club or jsut to mess with people. yes i know they are pretty much illegal for me to be driving around with them on but what is legal on my car? haha

heres a short vid right after install. i still wanna mess with it to see if i can get the fog lights to light up a little differently.

oh yeah and if you wanna know where i got the kit from heres the link WIG-WAG FLASHERS

Old 07-10-2007, 09:39 PM
11 Second Club

damn noisey
Old 07-10-2007, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They are loud, but thats cool!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:33 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like it. I'm tempted.Very cool.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:57 PM

there only loud cause the controller sits like like right where the camera was. well they are a little loud but with my car i wont hear them anyways and theyre badarse!
Old 07-11-2007, 01:50 AM
On The Tree

what all do you need to do that ? and can you do your tail lights
Old 07-11-2007, 06:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool. You can get those boxes from fire/polic supply companies too. GALLS comes to mind.

Only thing is... if you use those on people, that is getting kinda close to the whole "impersonating and officer" thing... that might net you in alittle more trouble compared to the other illegal things on your car.

But its still cool...especially if you can catch your friends off guard with it.

J.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice -- never know when those could be useful/fun to mess around with -- just be careful

also (just an idea) -- did you consider wiring it up for the high beams rather than the lows? It's prob bright as it is at night, but might be better with highs for the day -- might be easier to see for other drivers. Yea it would be bright and **** ppl off -- but you wont be using them often anyway.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by fredmr39
nice -- never know when those could be useful/fun to mess around with -- just be careful

also (just an idea) -- did you consider wiring it up for the high beams rather than the lows? It's prob bright as it is at night, but might be better with highs for the day -- might be easier to see for other drivers. Yea it would be bright and **** ppl off -- but you wont be using them often anyway.
That's funny, I always thought the inboard lights WERE the highbeams!
Old 07-11-2007, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
That's funny, I always thought the inboard lights WERE the highbeams!
my bad -- I'm at work so watched a couple seconds of the video discretely in the corner of my screen -- had no idea the actual lights were shown -- I was just basing it off of how it looked on the wall.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by xxcoolrollinxx
what all do you need to do that ? and can you do your tail lights

well all you need is the controller, some length of wires, fuse holder with a 20amp fuse, and a on/off switch.

real simple install i think maybe the hardest part was deciding where to mount the switch. i still have to cover the wires and stuff in loom but i just wanted to see if itll work.

heres where i mounted the switch:

and heres the control box:
Old 07-13-2007, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

so the $20 Controller is all i need ?
cool i may pick this up for some fun
Old 07-13-2007, 12:32 PM
TECH Resident

the car dances
Old 07-13-2007, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

Thats halarious.. Can you get the back lights to work too? When I first saw the vid and it was showing the lights on the wall, I was like.. What is this? Then when you showed the front of the car, I was laughing sooo hard. Still kinda confused about how that works though.. You can still use your lights separately though (Headlights/Fog lights) right? That would kinda get annoying if you had to use those all the time! Like I said though, I dont know how the hell they work, so the questions probibly sound stupid.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:29 PM
Launching!

Its also incredibly illegal and your car can be impounded. I have Hide-a-way Strobes and LEDs in my grill and Dash, but I am a Voli fire fighter and thats pushing the limits of what I can get away with.

quick 15 sec vid taken with a Digital camera. The Camera unfortunatly cannot film fast enough for the double pulses of the lights. You get the Idea though. BTW this is not a $20 module and Blue/White are Voli's in NY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GryzLvHEyuA
Old 07-13-2007, 10:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser
Cool. You can get those boxes from fire/polic supply companies too. GALLS comes to mind.

Only thing is... if you use those on people, that is getting kinda close to the whole "impersonating and officer" thing... that might net you in alittle more trouble compared to the other illegal things on your car.

But its still cool...especially if you can catch your friends off guard with it.

J.

I had a freind pull me over with fake cop lights...

I was speeding down a side street, and see saw me at night

Lol I **** my pants...Son on a bitch!

He pulled up next to me and was laughing so hard
Old 07-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HMFDZ28
Its also incredibly illegal and your car can be impounded. I have Hide-a-way Strobes and LEDs in my grill and Dash, but I am a Voli fire fighter and thats pushing the limits of what I can get away with.

quick 15 sec vid taken with a Digital camera. The Camera unfortunatly cannot film fast enough for the double pulses of the lights. You get the Idea though. BTW this is not a $20 module and Blue/White are Voli's in NY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GryzLvHEyuA
Are you allowed to use those when your working for the fire department? Just wondering... That looks pretty cool though!
Old 07-16-2007, 01:10 AM
Launching!

Yep I can only use them while I am responding to an FD run. We dont run duty crews, so most of use roll from our own houses to the Fire house. They Deff do work too, when I had just the LED's in the grill and the dash people didnt notice as much as the strobes now.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

i always liked them and wated them... ha ha nice
Old 07-23-2007, 12:34 PM
TECH Regular

Kinda illegal. They can carry jail time just for having them and not even using them. They do consider it impersonating a police officer. Some people use these for much worse things then playing jokes on friends. (kidnapping and rape come to mind) I had them on my tahoe ( volunteer fire fighter and emt-i) I got stopped on the way to a house fire one night and they impounded my truck and the fire chief had to come verify I was on the dept b/f I could be released. (about 6 hrs later.) This is just to let you know what you're playing with. Not trying to flame anybody here. I now have 6 stobes in my F150 (headlights, tail lights and dash but they flash together not alternating.