Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Power Antenna Issues

Old 07-12-2007, 08:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Antenna Issues

Hey everyone,

What would yall recommend if the antenna wont go down at all? Like I got to work today and left the radio on to put the t-tops away, then went to turn the radio off and I just heard like a whurring noise and was like wtf, turned around to look and the antenna was still up all the way. I rarely listen to to the radio anyways so the least it could have done is broken in the down position

What are my options?

(I tried search but was gettin weird results such as chrome side molding when searching for "antenna" )
Old 07-13-2007, 09:19 AM
TECH Regular

Anyone? Please Is this another stupid thing Im gonna have to take in to get fixed?
Old 07-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Try cleaning it with mineral spirits or electrical contact cleaner. Sometimes the buildup of road grime, wax, etc. will prevent the mast from moving properly. Don't use WD40 or similar products because the residue will just attract more dirt.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:00 PM
TECH Regular

K, so just straight mineral spirits...Whats also weird is that the sound is only hideous when trying to make the antenna go down...the sound is normal when going up. Dunno if that makes any difference...

Thanks!

Search this Thread