Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Passenger Sail Speakers, confused on wiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 02:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Sail Speakers, confused on wiring

Sup, just got replacement speakers for my blown sail speakers. Got the driver side all wired up correctly but i think i might have swapped the polarities on the passenger side. Reason i say that is b/c when i'm listening to music, my left hear feels a bit more bass (hurts a little more cause it's all one sided) than the right side. I thought maybe it was just b/c i'm sitting closer to the left speaker, but i have a feeling it's not.

Anyways, i'm going to check the wiring and i was wondering if y'all could tell me the color coordination for the passenger side sail panel speakers (red goes to ____, black goes to ____, and so one for both sets of black and red wires).

Just so you know, i had to cut the adapter off cause i used to have aftermarket speakers in there (they don't work, long story, stay away from Stereo One), so i'll be splicing.

Thanks.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Resident

nobody? Checked out the diagram on the FAQ, maybe i'm just retarded because it didn't seem to help to much.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:50 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you cut the wires do you have any of the original wire left. Actually it should be 2 sets to the sail speakers from the factory. Did you connect the 2 together or just use one set? Anyway, the factory color wire for the right rear sail panel speakers are light blue neg. and dark blue pos.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:57 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, i got plenty of the original wire left, kinda short but it's still enough. I just had to get rid of the adapter cause i had aftermarkets in there before so i had no other choice but to splice.

I can't remember which i did (althought the only thing i remember was i spliced a white to a black and a green to a black), but there are 4 wires from the speaker; 2 red, 2 black. I don't recall the other colors. I assumed they'd be the same color as they were for the driver side, but alas i was wrong. So i just guessed. I'm just askin' if maybe i was right. Regardless i'm gonna have to take that sail panel off again to get back there and check the wires even if i do have it correct, just for my sake. I'm simply askin' what colors go to what on the passenger sail panel side.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

simple rule for fbody from the factory .... the dark wire are the +'s in the rear and the lighter color is the + in the front sounds like you have one speaker out of phase if you just replaced the one ... simple swap the wires !