Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anyone here familiar w/ AURA Bass shakers?

Old 07-15-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Question Anyone here familiar w/ AURA Bass shakers?

Since Verts are known to have bass issues due to the top/trunk situation, I am considering dumping a pair of these under the front seats....Anyone here use/know of these? They are very popular with the home theater crowd, which I am a part of and happen to have a spare set of these laying around....

Old 07-15-2007, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give them a try and find out Aura makes awesome stuff, they might actually sound decent haha.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
Since Verts are known to have bass issues due to the top/trunk situation, I am considering dumping a pair of these under the front seats....Anyone here use/know of these? They are very popular with the home theater crowd, which I am a part of and happen to have a spare set of these laying around..
highly doubt anyone is using them.....but you know they are popular among HT use, and have a set laying around.. so go ahead and obviously try them, and let us know how it turned out -- but don't expect much at all... yea you'll "feel" stuff -- but if the sound isn't there as well, the feeling part of perception of sound is worthless -- reason they are popular with the home theatre crowd is for that reason -- they are better suited for HT use. Movies, etc. that have guns/cars crashing/whatever -- feeling that makes a lot more sense

EDIT: I didn't even read the description.....interesting concept I guess......but what about actually hearing the frequencies that are audible?.......

Last edited by fredmr39; 07-15-2007 at 10:33 PM.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:53 PM
TECH Regular

i hooked some up one time when i found them in the back of a guys car i was working on. i had them in my hand when i tested them and i didnt think it would be anywhere worth installing. the "bass" was a slight vibration at best.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:40 AM
Staging Lane

Not much help, but...
I'm assuming that you have power seats, so getting them to fit will be a bit challenging. I have a couple of the pro models and I think that I've finally figured out how to get them in there. I probably won't get them in until I put the car up this winter though, so I can't say how well they would work.
If you have the regular model, they would probably be an easier fit.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So basically this is a vibrator??!! Judging by the description it just vibrates the seat but creates no sound except for whatever noise the vibration causes. Guess if your a lonely chick this might be cool..lol!! The vibration is then "perceived" as bass frequencies because of the shaking.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Pros are far better and well worth the price over the standard models, however, I haven't seen them used in cars for quite some time now....

Metal to metal mounting usually causes bad vibes

They're better suited for composite gaming chairs and home theater systems (I have 6 pros in my couch and they ROCK!!)

Rick
Old 07-16-2007, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Walking-dead
The vibration is then "perceived" as bass frequencies because of the shaking.
If the sound is there, the shaking will help with the perception.... if you can't hear the frequencies but the thing is vibrating -- they aren't necessarily perceived as bass frequencies. If they were used in seats for HT use and an explosion goes off and your seats vibrate -- that makes a hell of a lot more sense.

Search this Thread