Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monsoon not working

Hey guys/gals, I have a 1999 Camaro Z28. It has the WONDERFUL monsoon sound system in it (all factory stereo.) About a month ago I a decent sounding factory radio that had sounded good and had some bass to it. I just notice that I it's not beating no ways as hard as last month. No deep bass. Almost like the amp isn't working. I have cheched everything that I know to check. When you turn the radio on you hear the amp click on. The radio is still clear and sound ok but when a song with a little bit of bass comes on there is a lot of distorting. I have pulled out the radio and amp to check connections and everything looks great.. I have ran out of ideas.. Can any one help... Thanks everybody for taking time to help a fellow member
Old 07-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Staging Lane

Could the speaker have blown?
Old 07-23-2007, 10:53 PM
Teching In

See that's what I thought at first. But I don't listen to the music but so loud. I have never had it really loud. And they all distort. All the speackers. It really sounds like the amp is not putting out. How do you find out. Something needs to change about it. Hate to sell it cause the stereo is sucks.HAHA
Old 07-24-2007, 09:39 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry, didn't realize that all the speakers were doing it. If you really think it is the amp why not buy a decent/good one at best buy or something and install it, if it doesn't work then take it back. I have heard people do that for computer parts, not sure on the return policy from cars...

Quoted from WhiteBird00's FAQ
"The amp is a small eight-channel unit mounted on a bracket on the right quarter inner fenderwell (hatch area of a coupe, trunk of a convertible)."
Old 07-24-2007, 12:04 PM
Teching In

It would be nice to find a friend that had a spare factory amp that I could try
Old 07-24-2007, 03:35 PM
Staging Lane

Well that's kind of why I said to go purchase a decent one that you would want anyway. That way if it works you have already made the purchase and don't need to worry about anything else. If it doesn't work then well, its a different story I guess.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by aliensRreal
Sorry, didn't realize that all the speakers were doing it. If you really think it is the amp why not buy a decent/good one at best buy or something and install it, if it doesn't work then take it back. I have heard people do that for computer parts, not sure on the return policy from cars...

Quoted from WhiteBird00's FAQ
"The amp is a small eight-channel unit mounted on a bracket on the right quarter inner fenderwell (hatch area of a coupe, trunk of a convertible)."
Here's a pic: