Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Weird problem with the factory monsoon system*read faq*

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 09:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird problem with the factory monsoon system*read faq*

Out of no where in the last two week my subs just mysteriously stopped work. I figured they finally blew or the amp blew. Well I noticed that while driving sometimes when I hit a decent sized pothole they would magically start working again until I turned the car off. Once I turned it back on they were no where to be heard...

So first thing I figure... Loose wire somewhere... I rip out the factory radio, check all around... push the pins farther in the connectors... put it back on the radio, still nothing...

So I took off the rear fender panel and did the same thing to the connectors going into the subs, and messed with the entire clip going into the amplifier....

Well I tried a few more scenarios to try to narrow it down more on to what the problem could be. I found something odd... If the car is completely off and I slam the rear hatch closed, and turn the car on. I get no subs what-so-ever. However if the Radio is on! when I slam the rear hatch closed. Poof magically works, so it def. has to be some form of lose wire or something. Is there an inline fuse somewhere that might also be messing with it? I figure since abrupt motions in the rear is what fixes it that the problem area must be somewhere in the rear which is where the amp is...

anyone got any input?

thanks in advance

p.s. this is a 100% OEM equiped stereo
Old 07-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My guess is it's in the amp itself. See if you can find a friend willing to lend one to you for testing or buy another one...ebay it.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Walking-dead
My guess is it's in the amp itself. See if you can find a friend willing to lend one to you for testing or buy another one...ebay it.
ya i'll give that a shot and see if it helps any. Might have to find a totaled one
Old 07-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Teching In

hmm... if i turn left really hard it starts working too... LOL, i think i need to take the amp out and take a look at it