Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Any Formula owners replace DRL/turnsignals yet?

Old 07-26-2007, 12:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any Formula owners replace DRL/turnsignals yet?

Both of mine are cracked and in pieces and I cant seem to find any suitable replacements. Anyone else have to replace theirs? I just finished installing my Blazertech Cyberwhites for the foglights and that came out great, now I just need the drl/turn signals.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:16 AM
Launching!

I'd also like some info on this one... my fogs look great but my DRL/turn signal lenses are yellow and gross. I'd like to replace them so they match the fogs.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 140 Posts

I was thinking about getting another set of aftermarket fog light housings to put there and modify them to use the 3157 bulbs and sockets. So basically fog light housings converted into turn signal housings.

Last edited by VIP1; 07-26-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

stock foglights are too big for the opening. Can aftermarket foglights be wired to run as turnsignals?
Old 07-26-2007, 08:07 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

I was referring to aftermarket fog light housings.
(I fixed my post above.)

No they can't be used "as is" for turn signal use, but maybe they can be modified. Its an idea I had, but I haven't tried it yet.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by YOOFORMULA
Both of mine are cracked and in pieces and I cant seem to find any suitable replacements. Anyone else have to replace theirs? I just finished installing my Blazertech Cyberwhites for the foglights and that came out great, now I just need the drl/turn signals.
My originals were getting pretty grungy by 2005. When the remnants of Katrina passed nearby, that's when I realized they were no longer watertight either, as I kept blowing bulbs and having a ton of water flow out each time I removed the connector.

I had no idea just how worn they'd become... I was very surprised at the difference in the overall look with the GM replacements.

I have some photos showing what it looks like behind there. The passenger's side is pretty easy to do, but the driver's side is a bit tight. I can't remember if I removed the passenger's side headlight bezel, but for sure the driver's side required coming in from underneath. Two screws to remove if I recall.

Passenger's side:

Driver's side, showing unit removed (and giving a sense of the poor amount of room to work behind this one):
Old 07-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

TripleTransAm, thanks for the post, but the thread starter is asking about a Formula.

Search this Thread