Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Gauges peg when I turn my lights on. Need help guys!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 11:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Gauges peg when I turn my lights on. Need help guys!

I'm having a problem, and I need some help quick-like since I'm going to the track tomorrow.

I have two Autometer Phantom gauges installed in the A Pillar. A Water Temp and Transmission Temp gauge.

They work fine when the lights are off, but when you turn the lights on, then instantly peg out.

I recently did a radio delete, and also took out the instrument cluster to black-tape the backside of the lights I didn't want on. I didn't mess with anything electrical inside the cluster.

I originally had the power, illumination, and ground wires into the back of the radio, but have since moved them.

What illumination wire are you guys splicing into for your gauges that's not the radio wire?

My power wire is now going into the "IGN" spot in the fuse box, and I'm grounded under the kick panel below the driver's side dash. I don't remember which color wire the "Illumination" wire it going into, but I have it wired into the headlight switch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks in advance.
Allen
Old 07-27-2007, 12:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nevermind, I fixed it.

Bad ground.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are 2 grounds on the drivers side and one on the passenger side right? Mine is doing the same thing...