Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help Hurry!! My Lights Dont Work!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 06:59 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help Hurry!! My Lights Dont Work!!

When I turn the light swith on, nothing happens,
No Gauges or console lights on, No Taillights on No head and Daytime running lights on too.
But when I push hazard it or push the break lamps works..

When I fully turn on the switch. at High Beam lights FOG LIGHT AND HIGH BEAM works.. (usually when you turn High beam fog lights is turn off) at low beam fog lights turn off..

Any ideas why that could be happen??

95 TransAM
Old 07-30-2007, 10:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like you got a blown fuse! Its in the same circuit as your cluster illumination, its the way your car will tell you that you're out on parking and taillights! Its a 15 amp if I am not mistaken.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

By the way, its an easy fix!
Old 07-31-2007, 06:53 AM
ZSU
Launching!

Question

Originally Posted by transam5.7lt1
By the way, its an easy fix!
Thank you for your answer but when I push hazard it works I mean front side works and back red lights).. and break lights, rear gear lights works too.

BTW Transams have 2 fuse box?
1 is at the drivers doors other is atunder the hood?
I had checked it and
Old 07-31-2007, 07:13 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by ZSU
Thank you for your answer but when I push hazard it works I mean front side works and back red lights).. and break lights, rear gear lights works too.
Doesn't mean a thing...the front and rear bulbs are dual filament - they have separate filaments and circuits for the parking/running lights and for the brake/turn signal lights. The fact that the brake lights work has nothing to do with the running lights.

The first thing to check is the TAIL LPS fuse. Don't just look at it - test it or replace it with a known good fuse because fuses often look fine even when they're blown. The TAIL LPS fuse protects all of the exterior running lights (front and back) as well as the instrument panel lights.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:09 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Doesn't mean a thing...the front and rear bulbs are dual filament - they have separate filaments and circuits for the parking/running lights and for the brake/turn signal lights. The fact that the brake lights work has nothing to do with the running lights.

The first thing to check is the TAIL LPS fuse. Don't just look at it - test it or replace it with a known good fuse because fuses often look fine even when they're blown. The TAIL LPS fuse protects all of the exterior running lights (front and back) as well as the instrument panel lights.
Today I went to Electrician or what you say.
He said did anyone pull out something.. I said Yes my rear bumper for paint..
He checked and noticed that a electiric cable has jammed becuz of bumper when it has attached.. He pull the cable did something,and thats ok!
nice isnt it..
Thanks for your answer anyway!