Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

System shuts off and then back on

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default System shuts off and then back on

I have one amp running my speakers and one for the two subs. I've had the system installed for a few years and lately I hear a loud pop and radio and system shuts down and then back on after a few seconds. Most of the times it happens when the volume is low. It doesn't happen everyday but when it does its loud and scares the crap out of people. Any idea what could be causing it? Ground or power lead? Everything seems to be installed right as it has been.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reminds me of the movie Black sheep.

Sounds like a loose wire. First you have to determine if both amps are doing it or just one. Try pulling the fuse out of the bass amp for a while and see if it happens. Then I would move on to the remote turn on wires. Then move on to the grounds for the amp. Then make sure that the speaker wire isnt shorting out to ground. What kind of amps are they?
Old 08-01-2007, 07:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Reminds me of the movie Black sheep.

Sounds like a loose wire. First you have to determine if both amps are doing it or just one. Try pulling the fuse out of the bass amp for a while and see if it happens. Then I would move on to the remote turn on wires. Then move on to the grounds for the amp. Then make sure that the speaker wire isnt shorting out to ground. What kind of amps are they?
thanks and I'll spend sometime to check all wires. The Amps are Audiobahn and subs are Audiobahn and everything is wired to 1 ohm.