Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

old aftermarket deck fronts work...new one...they stopped

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 11:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default old aftermarket deck fronts work...new one...they stopped

I had installed Kenwood deck in my car to play MP3s. All of my speakers worked with it. The volume **** crapped out on it. I found a real nice deal on JVC deck and bought it. The fronts just up and stopped working. I hooked up the front leads coming out of the JVC deck to my rears in the wiring harness and they still work. If I reverse that I and hook the fronts to the rears I still get no sound from the front speakers. I can't figure out how all of the sudden the fronts just stopped working. All of the wires are color matched, so I can't see how I could have messed that up. The remote wire coming out of the deck isn't supposed to hook up to anything on stock setup is it?

Thanks for any advice.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you didn't do anything wrong.....Monsoon amp channels probably went on you.... not uncommon for that to happen with the sails -- not sure I've heard it happen to fronts.. try powering a speaker directly from the HU (pull one from the door, run a couple feet of wire to test the speaker) -- if it works, rewire the fronts so they are powered by the HU. If it doesn't work -- go back to whoever you bought the deck from -- sounds like you bought it used? If you can't get a replacement deck or anything like that and the HU front speaker wires do not work in powering your speakers directly, then save up and buy an amp and run the fronts off of an amp (that way you're using HU pre-outs and not speaker level).

Just read that you hooked fronts up to rears and the rears worked so the HU isn't the problem obviously...I'm leaving the above because I wasted time typing it anyway... but must be Monsoon amp channels...try powering them off of HU fronts only to make sure both speakers didn't crap out either (if you have factory components just test the woofer component).
Old 08-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!
I thinks my amp crapped out.