Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sail Panel Midbass and killer CDT Package Deals from Kee Audio!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sail Panel Midbass and killer CDT Package Deals from Kee Audio!!!

Just wanted to say hi and let everyone know I've put together some really nice replacement speaker packages together from CDT Audio that include door components, sails or rear deck speakers depending on model, and a 10" subwoofer!!
I also have 3 different sail panel replacements to choose from depending on budget and needs on sale as well!! I have used the first 2 in my sail panels and they sounded great!! The CDT M-6's also sound just incredible with alot of range!! Anything you have questions with let me know if I can help!!
Links:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...63#post7546163
https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-sales-specials/760353-kee-audio-6-5-midbass-sale.html

Thanks,
Ian w/Kee Audio,,,,,formerly Walking-Dead!!!!!
Old 08-02-2007, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Walking-Dead? I knew it right away by post count, CDT, and the avatar........

Wait....an LS1tech audio sponsor besides subthump??!?
Old 08-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Banned

Yeah, I figured I might as well, seeing as I'm on here all the time anyway..lol. Pardon my website as I am still working on it!!
Old 08-02-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this mean we can no longer recommend other brands since they are non-sponsor brands with non-sponsor websites?

edit - btw, those prices are amazing

Last edited by 95bat; 08-02-2007 at 11:11 PM.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 95bat
Does this mean we can no longer recommend other brands since they are non-sponsor brands with non-sponsor websites?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/removed-locked-thread-graveyard/752172-forum-rules-posting-sale-non-sponsor-threads-info.html

you can recommend anything you want -- just can't specifically link to a sites home page like www.fredscaraudio.com

links like http://www.fredscaraudio.com/item_11...io+1000-1.html are usually ok if you are asking a question about a specific product, providing specs, suggesting a product to look at (if asked for suggestions), etc.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by fredmr39
Wait....an LS1tech audio sponsor besides subthump??!?
according to the sponsor list, Subthump is not one of them.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike @ FbodyAudio
Yes. Subthump isn't a sponsor. Neither is humount. I've had to remove so much **** it's getting annoying.

Your package deal is VERY VERY nice looking both in procing and the overall package. You should have some good success with everyone looking for good replacements for their cars.

Glad to have you aboard!!!

Last edited by Richiec77; 08-03-2007 at 10:09 AM.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:36 AM
TECH Regular

Great deals, looking seriously at your packages. I asked a few questions on one of your other threads, hopefully you have the answers im looking for
Old 08-03-2007, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike @ FbodyAudio
good point -- I thought they were for some reason -- I know I've seen links in user sigs to their site as well.......then again, I think that may have been over at CZ28.com (but subthump isn't a sponsor their either)....... who knows

but anyways -- package deals all look nice -- the sail panels will definitely be popular among Camaro owners
Old 08-03-2007, 11:29 AM
TECH Regular

but anyways -- package deals all look nice -- the sail panels will definitely be popular among Camaro owners
Fred is there a reason they wouldnt be popular with the TransAm's?
Am i missing something?
Old 08-03-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by F-117HWK
Fred is there a reason they wouldnt be popular with the TransAm's?
Am i missing something?
TAs have dual 4 ohm voice coil subs in the sail panels while Camaros have single 2 ohm voice coils. The dual 4 ohm voice coils in the TAs are powered by separate amp channels that are not bridgeable (to anyone's knowledge), so you would only be able to use one of the two channels per sail panel side. There you will probably end up with about half the power, not from impedance differences (CDTs are much higher quality/sensitivity/etc), but from the fact that you literally are using half the channels. Half the power does not equal half the sound though don't forget, so it isn't AS bad as it seems.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Banned

When replacing them in a Camaro...it's plug and play. In a firebird you have to hook tan and dark blue w/white together for the +. Then hook white and light green w/black for the -. This is for the left or drivers side. For the right side or passenger side...hook red and dark green together for + and the tan and light blue w/black for the -. Another option is to just use one + and - from each side. It's not hard to do and even though the T/A's have 2ohm dual voice coils you lose almost nothing as these aftermarket speakers are way more sensitive and responsive than the stock ones were. I did this set up in my car when I bought it initially and sound loss was negligable. When you use good quality speakers it doesn't make a huge difference..plus I know the CDT's test at around 3.0XX ohms and not 4ohms as advertised.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:31 PM
Banned

I DO carry other brands but CDT gave me a really good deal so even my cheaper brands are not that cheap compared to their deal. The deal for the midbass's will stay around for a few weeks but the package deals will go away soon...they didn't give me a specific date but the special was for a summer deal and was supposed to end as of July. I asked if they could extend it and they said they could for a "little while". Don't know what that means. Wish I did!!
Old 08-03-2007, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
When replacing them in a Camaro...it's plug and play. In a firebird you have to hook tan and dark blue w/white together for the +. Then hook white and light green w/black for the -. This is for the left or drivers side. For the right side or passenger side...hook red and dark green together for + and the tan and light blue w/black for the -. Another option is to just use one + and - from each side.

..plus I know the CDT's test at around 3.0XX ohms and not 4ohms as advertised.
So..when you did it you just used one pair of wires, correct? I don't think the amp can be bridged -- and it it can, that is not likely the way to bridge it since each pair of wires runs off a separate channel in the amp. But is that what you did?

they test around 3 ohms?? are you sure that's nominal impedance? how was the testing done?
Old 08-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Banned

Hooked up a multimeter to the leads...never went over 3.5 ohms on my CL-E6CF's. My JL Audio W3's were dual 4ohm and never tested more than 3.6ohms on each voice coil on either sub. Their was one set of CL-6's I had never tested more than 3.09-3.1...might have been a flook set though now that I think about it. I had 2 sets in my doors and in my sails...before I sold them I tested them and that's what one of the sets tested at. The other set tested at 3.3-3.4. I tested the JL's because I was selling them on ebay and wanted to make sure both voice coils were good!!
I've used 1 set of wires from each and not both when wiring the mid subs for the sails however, I have a member on here right now that is using both sets on both sides and said it sounded good. Mine is no longer close to stock (no Monsoon at all) so I have no way of verifying this or I'd go out and try this myself!! I'll check back with him when he's done installing them and see whats what. He was using the MA Audio set.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:55 PM
TECH Regular

So I CAN use them, they just wont be getting full power? Now how hard would it be to get in and replace the amp with one that could directly replace the stock one but power these to their potential?
Old 08-03-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by F-117HWK
So I CAN use them, they just wont be getting full power? Now how hard would it be to get in and replace the amp with one that could directly replace the stock one but power these to their potential?
get a camaro amp? but would need rewiring... and they are still underpowered a bit -- you're best off simply puchasing a nice 2 ch amp for them -- temporarily, might as well give them a try with one channel only.

Whoever was running all 4 to a SVC speaker should not be.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Banned

They won't get "full" power but they will get enough where you wouldn't be able to tell they weren't. The difference is not noticeable...in fact the bass response will increase because of the sensitivity.
My car has a 5 channel RF Power 600.5. It runs my entire system. It is night and day difference over the Monsoon as almost any aftermarket amp would be. In order to do this an aftermarket source unit would be in order as well. You can run it off the stock cd player using high to low level converters but it would do much better off of RCA level outputs from a source unit. Once you have the source worked out you would need to run new speaker wire from the amp to the doors and sails. At this point you would also be getting full range sound to the sails as well...not just bass since your not using the Monsoon anymore. However...bass response would be much improved overall throughout the entire car not to mention having a cleaner more defined sound at high volume. This IS an option and makes the car sound very good, however, it is a task!! You would do fine by replacing the source unit and putting good speakers in the doors and sails regardless of whether they are 2ohm or 4ohm. And running the stock Monsoon. This upgrade would sound much better than stock and for most would be more than satisfying. Add a 10" sub to that mix and you have all the frequencies covered...lows, mids, highs!!
Old 08-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Banned

get a camaro amp? but would need rewiring... and they are still underpowered a bit -- you're best off simply puchasing a nice 2 ch amp for them -- temporarily, might as well give them a try with one channel only.

I think he is either possibly having an amp issue or one/two of his sail channels aren't working. He said that when he hooked up just one set...nothing came out. When he hooked up both...he got sound. I never had that problem...I hooked up one set and got sound...soo??? I'm checking back with him here in a few so I'll see what's up!!
Old 08-03-2007, 04:07 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks, yea thats what I was getting at...so your saying leave the stock amp powering everything cept the sails and get a good 2 channel amp to power those correct? Then the smart thing would also be to get a good HU which seems to be the biggest problem with the stock system? Sorry to ask so many questions, but its great getting direct answers and I would really love to capitalize on this deal if everything will work out! Thanks again guys

Quick Reply: Sail Panel Midbass and killer CDT Package Deals from Kee Audio!!!