Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Where To Get Power Window Motors And How Much Labor?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where To Get Power Window Motors And How Much Labor?

My driver window is slowing way down and stopping halfway sometimes so its time to get the motor done, i figure ill just do both at once. Where is the best place to order the motors and about how much would a shop charge to replace em for me? I dont want to fool with it lol. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-03-2007, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No advantage to doing both at the same time -- since you are taking it to a shop I guess there could be some price reduction for doing both (as opposed to two separate appointments)...but it's not like changing the optispark, and doing the water pump while you're there.... so for now it would just be a waste of money IMO - who knows how long the other one may last.

Best place is Autozone - purchase whatever one has a lifetime warranty. I used Dorman on my brothers car because mine didn't carry the Siemens that seemed more popular -- but the Dorman fit without any issues. There's probably a Duralast version as well... just make sure you get whatever one has a lifetime warranty. That's also another reason you should learn to do it yourself the first time - in case you need to go back in there.

The best instructions/pics for doing it yourself are available from Rob (aka/username "shoebox") over at Cz28.com. Search for posts by his name, and follow the link to his tech page in his sig. I'd link it...but I'm at work and too lazy.

EDIT: http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech1.html
Old 08-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had mine done as well. Shouldn't be any more than 1.5hrs labor ($100-150). Over $200 in labor and you're getting screwed. I know some people will start jumping up and down here saying it's a rip off to pay that much.....but whatever. I know the feeling of just not wanting to mess with stuff at times.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One door isn't too bad to pay for -- I was just thinking more if it failed again in the future and you needed a shop to do it again -- or if you do have them do both at the same time...then it adds up.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont buy dorman, i went through 3 of those on my truck in one year before i got a siemens. it did good for a year and then i sold it, probably still works.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Sticky:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....1&postcount=18