Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Something I did has got my dash messed up

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 06:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Something I did has got my dash messed up

I had a 10 point cage installed a few months ago. I decided that it was time to get rid of all the unnessasary stuff I wasn't using anymore (hvac, radio, ect.). I haven't touched anything in a while until today. So I started to put the dash and panels back together and decided to test stuff out since my gauge cluster was in. The only stuff on the cluster that works now is turn and high beam indicator, battery voltage, and backlight. When I removed all that stuff I followed each wire until it terminated at the fuse box, relay or ground and removed them. I remember that there are two grounds on the drivers side under the dash and one on the passenger side. But the one on the passenger side is missing , not sure if I removed it or can't find it. Either way what needs to grounded for the rest of the instrument cluster to work?
Old 08-07-2007, 07:35 PM
9 Second Club

What about a wiring diagram? Does anybody know where I can get that at. It's a 99 TA if you need to know.TIA ken
Old 08-08-2007, 06:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

You do not have to ground the wires at the same spot. Just find a clean area, remove the paint and attach the wires that require grounding.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:33 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by chevroletfreak
You do not have to ground the wires at the same spot. Just find a clean area, remove the paint and attach the wires that require grounding.
Thats what I thought, just need to know which ones to ground?????? I removed so many wires 6 months ago, now I don't remember what I did (or what I was thinking ). I'm pretty sure it's a wire that I tapped up just need to know where it comes from and what color it is? TIA
Old 08-08-2007, 06:20 PM
9 Second Club

I'm an idiot. Even though I pulled every fuse yesterday, today I rechecked them and had one blown fuse and guess what it powered