Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Why all all my lights on?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 06:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why all all my lights on?

I have a few lights on my guages that will not go away.

1st is ABS non-Op, which is a no brainer, my ABS doesnt work
LOW TRAC, why is this there? I do not have traction control!
BRAKE, a red brake light is now on
Service engine soon light is also on.

Could the SES light be due to the fact that it has no cat's on the vehicle?
Old 08-27-2007, 07:53 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

The combination of the BRAKE, ABS INOP, and Low Trac lights indicates that there is some problem with the hydraulic brakes beyond just the ABS not functioning. The BRAKE warning light indicates that either the parking brake is on or there is a problem with the hydraulic brakes. The ABS INOP light indicates that the ABS function has been disabled because of the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) detecting a problem with the ABS system. Normally you would still have full braking power without ABS but when the BRAKE light is also on, there is a more serious problem with the brakes. The Low Trac light is there as part of both the traction control system and the ABS system (even when you don't have traction control). It is lighted by the EBCM when it detects that an ABS or brake malfunction is causing excessive pressure differential between the front and rear brakes. I hope you're not driving the car in this condition.

The SES light could be caused by the lack of cats if you didn't have the codes tuned out. Even with O2 simulators the SES light will sometimes come on.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My brake light came on just the other day but its cause I was low on break fluid... Just put in new rotors and didn't tighten the break line on the caliper all the way...

I also had all the break related lights come up once I tried to powerbreak without taking off ASR but the lights went away after a couple powercycles...
Old 08-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, yes I am driving the car this way, and it does like you said, brakes percect just with no ABS? I had rotors re-surfaced and new pads just put on the car and it still has the light. what next?