Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Antenna Won't Go Up!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 09:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Antenna Won't Go Up!!

,,and im not sure as of when.

I have a 2000 TA, no Monsoon. I have the 2 10 pin connectors in there behind where the stereo goes. I have the remote box back there as well for my steering wheel controls. I know that my antenna used to work, but have changed my HU a while back and have no idea if it just started to happen, or if its been that way since my stereo swap.

My aftermarket headunit is a Pioneer 3900mp,,i only have one blue/white striped wire,,no other blue. I have that wire going to the remote on my amp (solid light blue), nothing is goin to the pink wire on the bottom 10 pin connector. (im sure this is my problem,,maybe,,i think)

Can i just add a wire in from where my blue wires are joined,,, to the pink wire in the 10 pin to get my antenna to work? If this is possible, i need to get one of those needle pins (long pins that go into the 2 10 pin connecters, anyone have a part number or such?)

My antenna is not making any noises,,,nor is any thing happening when i try to use a test light on the pink wire back there on the connector. Do i need to test the orange wire as well? I do understand that the power that goes through the pink wire is only just a signal to make the antenna do its thing,,,do i need to just test light the pink wire the same time as the key is turned?

Im lost

Thanx everyone
Old 08-29-2007, 10:17 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

If nothing is connected to the pink wire at the connector behind the radio, the antenna will not raise. If the blue/white stripped wire is the remote turn on, then yes it should also be connected to the pink wire in the car's connector. You can also wire a switch inline like I did to keep the antenna down when you don't need it.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:50 AM
TECH Addict

Anyone know where i can get the pin that goes into the connector? what is it called so if i have to call my local dealership,,,i know what im asking for.,,or is there another way. I did try to stick a naked wire in there to see if i could get a connection with no luck. I dont wanna rig it, or cut the pink wire if i dont have to.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:04 PM
TECH Addict

Fixed this witha sewing needle
Old 09-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Paper clip works too.