Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Firebird door panel removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firebird door panel removal

Hello,

This is the only firebird door panel removal howto I can find on the web. Does it look right? I am only trying to replace the door speakers so I really just need to know how to remove enough to get at the speakers. It looks like I need to go through steps 1 - 6, but if someone who has done this before could verify that these are the right steps, I'd appreciate it a lot.

http://www.lastofthebreed.com/Instal.../DoorPanel.htm

Thanks!
Old 09-02-2007, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yep those will work. The first time might be a little tricky. Just make sure you have all the screws out and that you take your time. Its really easy once you figure it out. Oh make sure not to break any of the little clips when your putting it back on. Don't force it to much it will just go when it goes. Good luck
Old 09-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the confirmation. Of course, now I'm trying to figure out where to hide the crossovers since the ones I have are pretty big. I'm not sure they'll fit in the door and I only need them to drive the tweeters.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

You don't need an external crossover for the Trans Am's door components. There is an inline high pass filter in the factory wiring for the tweeters that will work fine for aftermarket tweeters.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by flenser
Thanks for the confirmation. Of course, now I'm trying to figure out where to hide the crossovers since the ones I have are pretty big. I'm not sure they'll fit in the door and I only need them to drive the tweeters.
I just did a window motor, there's plenty of room if you have to install one in the door.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
You don't need an external crossover for the Trans Am's door components. There is an inline high pass filter in the factory wiring for the tweeters that will work fine for aftermarket tweeters.
Thanks. I thought the filter was attached to the tweeter itself like it is on the rear hatch tweeters.

Quick Reply: Firebird door panel removal