Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 11:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feedback

I recently installed a Boston 5 channel and SR6500 components with a G5 sub. But I get major feedback when driving. If the volume is turned up it's fine, but if it's not it's really loud you can even hear the engine idle through the speakers. What would cause this? Any help please. Thanks

It's late and I didn't do a search so sorry if there is a sticky or something. Thanks
Old 09-08-2007, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of these types of problems are related to grounding. To eliminate any possibility of a ground loop use the same grounding point for all stereo components. Make sure the grounding point is bare metal.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike02Z
Most of these types of problems are related to grounding. To eliminate any possibility of a ground loop use the same grounding point for all stereo components. Make sure the grounding point is bare metal.
Well I took my tail panel off a few days ago and noticed a few things. 1) My install was done very sloppy. 2) they had numerous lone wires not connected to anything. 3) The ground wire was drilled into my wheel well.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who installed it? I would take it back to them and let them know whats going on. A ground could be the source and usually is. They may have also used cheap RCA's and/or put them too close to the power wire that runs from the battery. Optimal placement would be the opposite side of the car but sometimes shops get in a hurry and just run them on the same side and don't seperate them enough so you get noise. Show them the work that installer did...see if the shop is happy with his work.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
Who installed it? I would take it back to them and let them know whats going on. A ground could be the source and usually is. They may have also used cheap RCA's and/or put them too close to the power wire that runs from the battery. Optimal placement would be the opposite side of the car but sometimes shops get in a hurry and just run them on the same side and don't seperate them enough so you get noise. Show them the work that installer did...see if the shop is happy with his work.
Ya but the problem is when I got the install done I immediately noticed my custom alarm was messed up and my interior lights would not turn off and feedback. I took it back and told them about the alarm, lights, and feedback. They had no idea why the lights were staying on and said alarms go crazy sometimes...lol. This took about an hour and they claimed the feedback was fixed. The second I get in my car I hear it again...I'm annoyed now. I told them not to touch my alarm. Figured taking it back to my buddies shop to get it fixed would be best. So while I'm there watching them try and fix the alarm and finding numerous wires being cut though that shouldn't have been. Wires being tapped into that shouldn't be, etc. Took most of the day to sort through the mess. I got them to right up a bill and went to the original installer to get reimbursed. The douche still claimed his work was legit. So I'm basically done with that shop. I'm either doing it myself or just getting them rewired by a friend, if I have too.