Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New Sail Panels, New Hatch Speakers, Sound Deadener... Inifinity WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 06:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Sail Panels, New Hatch Speakers, Sound Deadener... Inifinity WOW!

It was time to make the busted sounding stereo go away. I first ordered Sound Destroyer sound deadening material. This stuff is thick, 80 mil. I think that's twice as much as Dynomat. I got 100sqft for $80. It sticks AMAZING! I lined the inside of my doors and the backside of the body inside the doors with it. The new Infinity 6020cs 6 1/2" are amazing and fit perfect in the stock mounting assembly. They came with crossovers but I didn't use them. I just spliced the wires from the old speaker to the new one. The rms is 90watts at 2 ohms and they come with a seperate tweeter. They tweeter screams out highs! I mounted it facing inward on the triangle part above the door panel, right in the pillar to door part. I will have pics up if requested. Next I moved onto to the hatch speakers. The old ones weren't blow they just didn't sound good. I replaced with Infinity 42.7i 4" 2 ohm speakers. They are slightly bigger speaker but the cone designed looks so much more durable. These also slid right into place. They are dual VC and come with a line filter so low bass won't get to them. As soon as I get my spacers for the 6" subs they will be replaced. I have (2) ED eu700's waiting to go in.

The new sound is awesome! The Infinity 6 1/2'a seem so life-like and hit so crisp it kinda makes you get that tingle in your chest. Even the bass sounds so precise and crisp. I can now hear the stock subs giving out at higher volume. I can turn the stereo all the way up and the speakers WILL NOT distort. The sound deadener lets you hear things in songs that you never heard before and makes the door sound nice when closed. I actually talked normal to my wife when she was riding with me. I use to raise my voice to speak across seats. I might be one of the first to do this speaker combo. If you have anymore questions let me know.

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 09-13-2007 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Non-sponsor promotion removed
Old 09-14-2007, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pics please.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:38 AM
Staging Lane

How much did the set cost you? and where did ya buy from??
Old 09-15-2007, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I bought them all from the auction site we can't mention. The Infinity 4" were around $45, Infinity 6 1/2" were around $130, the ED 6" subs were $80 for both. The Sound Destroyer sound deadener from the same site was 100sqft for $70 I think. I got the trunk kit but if you get the other kit that's close to $100 you are getting the same sqft just different cuts so get the trunk kit. I got the subs used from this guy who had 12 ED 6" in his truck but never played them. The only pics would be where the tweeter is mounted. Other than that there isn't a visual difference. The sound really is amazing. I hear all the music now. The subs will be replaced as soon as the spacers get here. I'll keep yall updated.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no amp for the components? pics please.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

These are the only visual changes to the interior with the speakers. The rest of them sit in the factory locations. That's the peripheral electronics Ipod adapter. I drilled a small hole through the underside of the air vent, inside the dash, and ran the wire to the ipod. Yes I use the steering wheel controls. Also, when you turn the car on with the ipod connected, the ipod starts playing music. It doesn't cut out, it just plays. It sounds just like it should sound, no distortion from the connections.

Quick Reply: New Sail Panels, New Hatch Speakers, Sound Deadener... Inifinity WOW!