Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anti-Theft Cut Off

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 10:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti-Theft Cut Off

I have a 2000 WS6, which I like to think is the hottest car in town. I recently put in a Viper alarm system and I want the added security (and peace of mind) of some cut off switches. An alarm is a good deterant, but it doesn't make the car steal-proof. Some well placed cut off switches can make it immobile.

I'm wondering if anyone makes a kit for this, especially if it's a sequential kit. I would also like to know if anyone has a tutorial on how to do it yourself. I would like to avoid splicing my fuel lines if possible. I would also like to see if anyone's had it done to their f-body.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:21 AM
TECH Regular

just put a realay on your starter wire at the starter that acts as a starter kill
Old 09-14-2007, 01:43 AM
TECH Resident

There is a sticky about this goin in on your stock security system... and pretty much setting it off with a switch making in immobile...
Old 09-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Launching!

The big trick is that it would be something a car thief wont see easily. So if you can visibly see a spliced wire under the dash, it won't be hard to figure out.

I just remembered, I can't cut off the battery. I need it to run my alarm.

A friend of mine said that he once made a sequential circuit for his cut off. He had three wires spliced into it. Supposedly, the car wouldn't start unless you flipped the three hidden switches in the right order. Does anyone know enough about electricity to pull this off? I can't figure out how it works.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Launching!

ttt...