Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

No bass from stock subs... PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default No bass from stock subs... PLEASE HELP!!!

So i recently seplaced the stock head unit in my 98 Camaro with an Alpine 9827. Circuit city and best buy said they didnt carry the harness for it. said that the head unit pins were special? i know a lil about stereos, but im totally lost on this. i wired everything up that i thought needed to be wired from the stock harness into my stereo. it sounds great and everything works the way it should, except i have no bass out of my sail panel subs. what am i missing? all the speakers in that car are stock. the subs worked perfect until i changed out the head unit. i cant figure out what i did wrong. i tried doing a search, but it doesnt seem to be working. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:58 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They didn't carry the harness for it??!! It's a typical GM radio wiring harness adapter. The only thing they may not have had was the PAC SWI-X adapter for the steering controls if your car has those. I get so sick of hearing these stories about those stores...I wish they'd hire some better people or at least train them better. You get lucky with a few stores here and there.
Your HU is not special and does not have special pins. Did you cut the harness and splice into it?? How did you hook up your new Alpine? I have a feeling if that's what you did that is where your problem lies.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

see, thats what i thought. i even took my HU in with me to the stores. both guys at both stores looked at it and were like, nope, we cant help you. i even questioned them. but whatever... I have hooked up all my own steroes in my cars and have never had problems before. i have even had this particular head unit in two other vehicles with no issues. yes, i cut the harness and spliced it in. i used the wireing daigram off of here to hook everything to my new HU. There are only 3 wires left from the stock harness. they are brown, grey and a green and white. this should be the parking light input, dash light dimer input, and the speed sensor input. like i said, everything else i hooked up according to the diagram.