Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

When upgrading my speakers, should I worry about the Amp?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 06:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default When upgrading my speakers, should I worry about the Amp?

I am considering finally going through and upgrading the system in my TA. Mainly because every speaker in it is different from the previous owner and with what it has now, there is absolutely no boom of any sort and I can barely hear it over the wind with my t-tops off on the fwy.

I am looking at some of the infinity 2 ohm speakers that I would think will give me what I want. Would I have to replace the Amp at all if I went with one of these speakers? I would probably pick some up from one of our local cartoys stores and from their site this is what it shows they carry.

http://www.cartoys.com/cartoys/showp...IAC%20FIREBIRD

They don't have a listing for the speakers that are in the back of the hatch. My understanding is the speakers by the back seats are actually subs. I hooked up an Alpine speaker that is recommended from the Firebird speaker guide and all I got out of it was a little bit of static. Which that kind of leads to my other problem...

The last owner stripped the speakers out from the back seats. The driver side I find wires, but who knows if they are wired correctly, and on the passenger side I don't see anything, could they have possibly fallen? Where should I start looking for these at? I imagine I will probably have to wire the system myself.

Not looking for something to put into any competitions or out do the car next to me. I just want to be able to actually hear my music nice and clearly and crank it up a bit if I want!
Old 09-18-2007, 07:09 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As mentioned quite a few times and is in the FAQ at the top of the page in the stickies the sail panel speakers are limited to bass frequencies only. The wires would have fallen down between the sail panel opening and the sail panel itself. Not on the inside of the hole in the sail panel. The factory harness was fed from in front and had a little notch where the wires fed through. You should be able to find it if you remove the sail panel. So finding the wiring should be fairly easy. I wouldn't think someone would remove them for the heck of it. The wires probably just fell down. Especially if the other side is still intact.
I am having a special right now on CDT speakers also. $199.00 replaces your door speakers and sails with CDT CL-6E speakers and I throw in tweeter replacements as well. This would utilize your stock crossovers for easier wiring. All 4 speakers and tweeters for $199.00. Plus they are CDT's which are top quality. Here's a link so you can see pictures and other deals I have:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-sales-specials/780227-more-kee-audio-packages.html