Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Just Installed Elemental Designs EU700 6.5" SUBS COMPLETE SPEAKER UPGRADE

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 08:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Installed Elemental Designs EU700 6.5" SUBS COMPLETE SPEAKER UPGRADE

I followed the write-up that was already posted about the ED eu700 subs. The only thing I did different was sprayed the area behind the sub with rubberized undercoating. I just went to a car show yesterday (our club took club participation trophy) and people were asking where my subs were at. I pointed to the stock locations and they couldn't believe it. These things on the factory amp have MASSIVE bass. Rock songs sound great, rap songs sound great. I didn't think replacing the other ones would be that big of a difference but I can turn the bass all the way up and not hear any distortion. I can't stress the bass enough. The subs sound much bigger than they are. They are so much clearer, much more precise and rock out to any sound. Since they are small obviously that don't have a huge low end but you still hear all the bass in every sound. My pictures look just like the ones already on the site so I didn't post any. I used a .5" spacer and cut about a 1" port in the back. I might try to reduce it down to a .25" spacer because the grilles slightly hit the sub now. All in all it was worth the time and effort. Here's my other post.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/782355-new-sail-panels-new-hatch-speakers-sound-deadener-inifinity-wow.html
Old 09-23-2007, 05:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

good stuff bro. enjoy the music!
Old 09-24-2007, 12:53 AM
Teching In

Those little subs set off an avalanche for me. They sounded great when I added them to a completely stock setup. Only problem was they made everything else sound bad, so I ended up changing everything. Here is my install.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I did replace everything. The front 2 sail panel speakers, the 2 hatch speakers, and added tweeters up front. If you kept the stock speakers then yes they would make everything else sound bad. I love my Infinity's and they work really well for me, if you need any ideas.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where did you get them at and how much?
Old 09-24-2007, 03:40 PM
TECH Regular

www.edesignaudio.com

they are coming out with theyre new 6800 components in a few weeks, they are gonna rape motha's! i have the 6000s running a bit over 1/2 their max RMS and they sound great, but i could use much more to keep up with my lows. o well, their drivers are the ****, and so retardedly competitively priced.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:55 PM
12 Second Club

Hey Ryan,

I have read from a couple different situations and from a little personal experience I had to trim down on hold tab on the grill in front of the driver. The main concern is on if the driver would have proper clearance with a .25 inch ring. If so it is easily adaptable.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What do you mean trim it down? I had to completely remove the bottom tab so the grill would clear. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:10 PM
12 Second Club

Ya, basically from what I have read it needs to be pretty much completely eliminated. The concern becomes if the ring was too much thinner if the driver would have clearance for mounting depth.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the record I also carry competitively priced products from CDT that are just as good or better in some cases as far as quality and pricing. I will also price match anything they have as far as component speakers. The CL-61 is almost identical as far as design and quality to the eDi6000 comp set. Price on CL-61 is $149.00 so they are very competitively priced as well. I also have the CL-61CV on special for $129.00. These work great for the Camaro guys and for the Firebird guys as they have the same capabilities as the eD's mentioned. These can act as a coaxial or a component.
I still have my packages going as well here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-sales-specials/780227-more-kee-audio-packages.html

Quick Reply: Just Installed Elemental Designs EU700 6.5" SUBS COMPLETE SPEAKER UPGRADE