Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Getting An Entire New Setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 02:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting An Entire New Setup

alright im sick of the factory speakers and was wondering what are the best sounding and affordable speakers. Also thinking about getting 2 10" subs, should i get jl's or is there another brand that is worth testing? I have a panasonic headunit putting off 50wx4, also do i need to get new wires if i get aftermarket speakers. Sorry im a nub at this stuff haha

Thanks Guys
Old 12-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a deal for you that will replace your door and sail panel speakers with CDT's for $249.00. That price includes the CL-61CV convertible component speaker system that mounts and wires like stock for your Camaro, and a pair of EF-6's for the sail panels. If you plan on keeping the Monsoon as is...you would just hook these up and go. No rewiring would be neccessary.
The 2 best mods for the Monsoon are aftermarket HU and upgraded speakers. The Monsoon amp itself is not all that bad..it just amplifies a somewhat distorted signal from the stock HU and then transmits that to substandard speakers. You've already addressed the HU now you can upgrade the speakers!
I also have entire replacement systems that completely delete the Monsoon as well. Let me know if I can help!!
Old 12-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ian, could you send me the same info you were sending this info to! I would appreciate both just speaker set ups and price and a full system overhaul. Thanks Carl.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Ian hooked me up with a very nice set up for the Formula.

Unfortunately it will be at least a couple months till I can hear it, when the new motor is put in.

Looks good though!