Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

please help with my escalade bose system.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 11:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy please help with my escalade bose system.

hey guys im going to upgrade my system in my truck its an 04 ext like an avalanche.i want to keep the stock hu and i all ready have 2 memphis audio m class 10's in a sub thump box and a memphis m-500 amp the rest is stock. i have seen some products that let you keep your stock hu and add amp's to it like the jl audio clean sweep and there are quite a few out there that do the same thing. i want to put a good set of components in the front and a 4 channel bridged to the front or a good 2 channel.i will leave the stock bose speakers in the rear for fill in and ill have the factory sub thats under the front dash/console that sounds good for some mid bass. does any one know about the bose stuff? like i know i had an 96 eldorado that the amps where on each speaker so im wondering if my truck is like that or is there 1 amp hidden some where? the sq is good but its just not loud.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:23 AM
TECH Regular

bose amp is in the center console. You could do either the cleansweep by jl or rockford's version, or put in an eq, that way you get good pre amp outputs either way.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:10 PM
12 Second Club

thanks. does any noe have any more ideas? has any one had any thing like what im talking about?
Old 12-20-2007, 11:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

If you want to really cheat and make it sound good here is a couple of things we have done from time to time and the results were awesome. Keep the factory amp and headunit functioning. Cut the wires coming out of the amp out to the speakers, Put a set of PAC lineout converters on that set of wires and then your RCA's and install a high quality four channel amp. Then turn right back around and run the outputs from the amplifier to the OEM wires that are heading to the OEM speakers where you cut the wires in half to install the line out converters. The wires heading up to the OEM sub are blue,blue/black, green,green black. Cut the wires to disable the oem sub and install a LOC on the half of the wires coming from the amp and then you can install your sub, and sub amp. The OEM bose speakers actually sound really good when they have an amp that can give them lots of clean power, the subs also sound really good when done this way. The part of it that I like is that it will not run out of volume like it does when the oem amp is powering the speakers and you retain 100% OEM look and function of all related components, RSA steering wheel controls, onstar etc. We have done it on more than one and all have been pleased with the results
Old 12-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

The only thing you have to watch out for on that is that there are two kinds of Bose amp in recent GM trucks - LUX and non-LUX. Your wiring modification will work on the non-LUX setup because it's really just an ordinary analog amp. The LUX model uses a digital amp that receives only left and right fixed-level signals and uses the class 2 data bus from the head unit to determine volume, balance, fader, tone, etc. using a digital signal processor. That type won't work with your wiring mod.

I know the LUX was used in midsize SUVs (TrailBlazer, Envoy) until 04 when they switched to the non-LUX. I'm pretty sure the Escalade and other upscale SUVs still have the LUX amp in current models. I don't know about the EXT. I believe the LUX option code is UQ4 (at least that's what it is for TrailBlazers and Envoys).

Quick Reply: please help with my escalade bose system.