Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Auxiliary Input for Stock Monsoon Head Unit Problems...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Auxiliary Input for Stock Monsoon Head Unit Problems...

I bought an Axxess Auxiliary input adapter that plugs into the cd changer port on the back of the stock head unit. I have a cd changer but I don't use it so I disconnected it and now whenever I press cd play the lcd on the head unit displays "E33" I did my research and found the entry for this error in the monsoon faq but that was no help. I tried taking out the fuses for about an hour. I tried disconnecting the head unit for about and hour, I tried disconnecting it and reconnecting it and trying it continuously about 5 times, I even tried hitting it, no luck... I even tried my brother's monsoon head unit from his old Firebird, it's an identical radio that hasn't been in a car for over a year, same problem. when I press cd play the light on the adapter comes on so it's definitely connected to it... I don't get it, can anyone shed some light on the situation for me?
Old 12-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Which adapter did you get? I couldn't find one that was compatible with our cars on their web site. I found the XIA-D01 for 2002+ GM vehicles but nothing that will work with older models.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its model number is the AIP-GM02-ID, the tag said it was for gm vehicles from 95-02 i believe, and the plug fits perfectly, i'm not sure if that means anything.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

You might try updating the firmware of the device. You can download from www.axxesssinterface.com. However, there is no mention of that model number there. In fact the only place I could find that model mentioned is an eBay listing.

Otherwise, I would call Metra tech support and see if they can help (800-253-8324).
Old 04-15-2009, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the exact same issue here. I have a 97 Firebird with a Monsoon system, and the radio is actually out of my 96 Sunfire. Before deciding to buy the Axxess AIP-GM02-ID, my factory CD Changer was acting up, giving me E30 (focus error).

I talked to Axxess tech support a few times. The first tech told me to cut the power pins on the interface from the 9 pin connectr- the power supply to the AIP-GM02-ID is the one that has 2 wires going into one connector, and connect them to the power going into the radio harness (largest orange wire). This didn't help, I still get E33.

The only other factor I can see is that I had this connected to a CD Changer before and the changer is a little flaky on me, always displaying E30 (focus error).

Just before the E33 comes up, the radio is trying to play Disc 11 Track 1.

Since I bought the Axxess interface at Circuit City in their clearance sale, Axxess says I am out of luck- there is no warranty on the unit with them.

Any hints would be appreciated.